wats a mini tripod for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

projectD

Jul 5, 2004
saw lotsa places selling them....wat r they use for....???
btw....im loking for a cheap and light tripod can i can bring on my travels...using a A75 onli...any recommendations for a newbie?

projectD said:
saw lotsa places selling them....wat r they use for....???
btw....im loking for a cheap and light tripod can i can bring on my travels...using a A75 onli...any recommendations for a newbie?
mini tripod can use to put on a table, that's why sometimes it is called a table-tripod. For A75 any tripod will do...

newbie here...

the only thing i can think of to use a table tripod for, is to take pictures of small items you wish to sell online :sweatsm:

correct me if i'm wrong

contacted said:
newbie here...

the only thing i can think of to use a table tripod for, is to take pictures of small items you wish to sell online :sweatsm:

correct me if i'm wrong

you are wrong! how are you going to shoot with the mini tripod of a coin, make it stand up? turn it 90 degrees?

there are so many ways to use it, for your G5, you can place the cam with the mini tripod on tables, bench flat sufaces and take, group shoots, on the edge of the pavement to take low angle shots of cats, vehicle movement with long shutter speeds, shoot yourself with your gf with amibent light at say the esplanade. some ppl cannot stand to leave the cam on rough surface, it could be your cameras legs. all these if you do not want a bulkly regular tripod

i have not even started thinking seriously

use it to hold and angle a small flash for effect purposes.

ultra01.jpg

-
I always throw this in my bag, strap on fence for nite shoot, on table or wall for added stability for low light, strap ontop of pole to use as monopod etc.

review

Woow, izzit expensive ? i had thought of getting one, bt dun know where to get, which to get, and how much to get one !! :) seems it will really comes in handy !! hehee

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
whoelse, where u get this ultrapod? btw wats the weight it can hold? i mean the velcro & the head

You can get it at Cathay Photo Peninsular Plaza. There are 2 sizes. Smaller one for compact cams for around $25, and bigger one ( supposed to hold up to SLR size ) for around $35-45.

icic, so a small one can hold a C-5050 with a wide-lens converter ? hehe..... 25bucks abit exp lehz, i saw a similar one, bt i guess the head (that one that connects to the camera) aint as sofiscatEd as wat is here. bt the price oso big different, 25 and 4 dollars... bt wat i saw is made of plastic.

leeter said:
icic, so a small one can hold a C-5050 with a wide-lens converter ? hehe..... 25bucks abit exp lehz, i saw a similar one, bt i guess the head (that one that connects to the camera) aint as sofiscatEd as wat is here. bt the price oso big different, 25 and 4 dollars... bt wat i saw is made of plastic.

The ultrapods are also plastic. That's why they are light.

The head is made so that it is a little further from the legs when the tripod is attached to a pole or support. This allows you to still mount your camera on the head without bumping into the pole.

I use them on EOS50E, Pentax KX etc.

MODEL:
Ultrapod II

DEFINITION:
Small, lightweight, folding camera tripod
with adjustable ball & socket head and
Velcro securing strap.

MECHANICAL:
Camera mounting screw: ¼-20 thread.
Pan Adjustment: 360 degrees.
Tilt Adjustment: +/- 90 degrees.
Angular Adjustment: +/- 20 degrees.

MATERIALS:
Body, Legs & Clamps: Injection molded
glass reinforced Nylon thermoplastic resin.
Clamping Screw: Machined Aluminum alloy.
Velcro Strap: Woven Nylon.
Ball Mount: Molded Urethane with machined
Aluminum alloy mounting screw molded in.
Feet: Molded Vinyl.

SPECIFICATIONS:
Weight: 4.0-oz.
Size-Folded: 7½" long x 2" wide x 2½" high.
Height-Open: 6¼" high.
Footprint-Open: Triangular - 9" wide x
8½" long.
Maximum Design Load: 4 lbs.
Maximum Safe Load: 6 lbs.

Shoot this niteshoot with EOS50E/50mm f1.8 strap on fence along kallang river:
-
14870034a.jpg

-
Strap this on tree brunch 1/8 with EOS50E/28-105mm at Shinto Shrine MacRitchie:
-
03880032_G_001.jpg

-
:D

can anybody here take a pic of the ultrapod 2 and upload it?

thks a lot guys.....
but im lookin for a tripod which is light and can be taken along for travels. jus a newbie with A75 so expensive tripods are out....any cheap and good ones to recommend? preferbly less than 50bucks one

projectD said:
thks a lot guys.....
but im lookin for a tripod which is light and can be taken along for travels. jus a newbie with A75 so expensive tripods are out....any cheap and good ones to recommend? preferbly less than 50bucks one

I have a Slik MiniPod which I use for table top photography. Bought from CP $25/-. You may want to consider this.

Max Operating Height - 215mm
Folded Length - 200mm
Weight - 0.32kg.

Picture of MiniPod HERE . It's the last one on that page.

a normal tripod from carrefour or something will do... if got more money go for the manfrotto or something...

teerex said:
I have a Slik MiniPod which I use for table top photography. Bought from CP $25/-. You may want to consider this.

Max Operating Height - 215mm
Folded Length - 200mm
Weight - 0.32kg.

Picture of MiniPod HERE . It's the last one on that page.
The ultrapod II is very appealing because of its velcro, making anything that resembles a rod a tripod...

Status
Not open for further replies.