Waterproofing a DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itsbits

Feb 13, 2005
HooKit Hwatok
Hi all,

I would like to do some on the surface water shots of water sporting activities. I think the price to pay for a U/W housing is exorbitant to what it will be used for. Anybody got any cheap fix to this?

Appreciate any ideas of help at all.

Cheers,
John

sailfree.deviantart.com/gallery

U/W housing will work, cheap fixes may break easily, is it worth the risk? can try using a ziplock bag around camera but then image not as clear and zooming becomes a problem

for on the surface shots, forget the u/w housing. They will be too heavy to use....

Are u worried about dropping into water or water splash?

Drop into water : will have trouble recovering anyway becos most housing sink

water splash: plastic bag will do. or never mind abt it. DSLR should be sturdy enuff for some minor spray.

I agreed with kthan about U/W DSLR housing is too heavy to be used on land.

You might want to try Ewa marine pack.

On the surface as in while bobbing on the water... *laugh* Haven't had any chance to hold a u/w housing with a dslr inside.. so wouldn't know abt the weight.

I am more worried about the water splash..and in this case, water seepage..

kthan said:
for on the surface shots, forget the u/w housing. They will be too heavy to use....

Are u worried about dropping into water or water splash?

Drop into water : will have trouble recovering anyway becos most housing sink

water splash: plastic bag will do. or never mind abt it. DSLR should be sturdy enuff for some minor spray.

seewhy said:
I agreed with kthan about U/W DSLR housing is too heavy to be used on land.

You might want to try Ewa marine pack.

HEy! I've checked out the EWA website. I think it might just be the solution! Thanks!

actually hor, before looking for a cheap solution, you should look at the cost of your DSLR and ask yourself if it is worth the risk? I recommend at least use a ewa marine pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.