Waterproof 4R Inkjet Photo prints... r u into it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

soons

Mar 22, 2007
Just wondering around...
I wanted to set up a online printing site offerin' sizes from 4R to super A3 photo printing using Inkjet technology.

So far, I managed to secure 1 material supplier that enable waterproof inkjet printing with my Super A3 so called "professional" printer. Not sure if waterproof 4R inkjet print is a good start for online photo blog site.

Any comments from you guys?

if u can beat photo lab prices ( 15c per 4r ) then go ahead, i'll support u. if not.. :)

if u can beat photo lab prices ( 15c per 4r ) then go ahead, i'll support u. if not.. :)
No, cost price quite ex. I only can find non-waterproof ones to 15c per 4R. :(

My focus is more of A4 photo prints and super A3... dunno if there is a market here..

My focus is more of A4 photo prints and super A3... dunno if there is a market here..

Waterproof quality doesn't interest me, but does the treatment also render it impervious to dust, UV, etc? If it does, the key might be in marketing it as more fade-resistant over other prints in the market.

There's a market alright, but you gotta really work out who your target audience is.

Photographers? Hobbyists? Design/art students?
Are you going to compete in the market based on quality or price?

Waterproof quality doesn't interest me, but does the treatment also render it impervious to dust, UV, etc? If it does, the key might be in marketing it as more fade-resistant over other prints in the market.

There's a market alright, but you gotta really work out who your target audience is.

Photographers? Hobbyists? Design/art students?
Are you going to compete in the market based on quality or price?
I will compete with quality and hopefully price.
Actually, I try to target Design/ART, hobbyist as well as photographers.

if u're going to target the designer group, u better be prepared for their anal/picky personna. just my 2cents. haha.

but for me, i don't really care about waterproof also. gonna put everything into photo album and archive also ma. what matters most is the image quality and paper quality only. i'm interested in large format prints :D

I think one good potential customer pool needing water proof prints are those shops who need to print their advertisement and place outdoor.:)

I think one good potential customer pool needing water proof prints are those shops who need to print their advertisement and place outdoor.:)
that need UV proof also, many ink fade.

Thanks guys for your generious feedback. For now, i will get a colour optimiser equipment first since the printer support colour calibration via external colour calibration devices.

For the colours of the prints, I am extremely confident as most of my friends can see the impact when i show them my A4 printed piece.

I believe for larger prints, A4 and larger, fade resistance is more essential than water resistance... if a print is framed (or laminated), water resistance is not much of an issue but fade resistance, including UV-resistance, is far more important... also important would be the texture of the paper, the D-Max of the paper-ink combination, whether the paper-ink combination would suffer from gloss differential and bronzing or colour metamarism, etc...

donno about that... they would usually go for larger than A3+ and if need to be water resistant just have the thing laminated or framed or both...

Ok got it...
So far I am very happy with the colour of the prints, especially Monochrome. The 8 ink printer optimized very well. Just that sometimes, colour are a little too green.

Anyway, the original manufacturer claim their original brand ink & paper last 100 years, but I am not other photo papers as the original photo papers price is an outrage.

When you develop your photos, most people particular about colour accuracy right??

Ok got it...
So far I am very happy with the colour of the prints, especially Monochrome. The 8 ink printer optimized very well. Just that sometimes, colour are a little too green.

Anyway, the original manufacturer claim their original brand ink & paper last 100 years, but I am not other photo papers as the original photo papers price is an outrage.

When you develop your photos, most people particular about colour accuracy right??

r u using e*s*n stylus pro or c*n*n image prograf? i can help u with the consumables pricing if u r using E*s*n stylus pro

r u using e*s*n stylus pro or c*n*n image prograf? i can help u with the consumables pricing if u r using E*s*n stylus pro
C*n*n

I have my sources of consumables. Looking for more papers for bulk purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.