Watering of Light and Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

ancch

Jul 8, 2006
Singapore East
Took this while on holiday in Hong Kong. Shot in a morning market
I find it interesting to capture natural light sources on subjects. You never know how the outcome will turn out - and more often than not, photos come out nice. I like this photo 'cos the pose and light coincided very nicely to give an impression that she is watering light and life to the fruits...

csw-HK-Mkt-2-DSC_9225.jpg

Look forward to your comments :)

Many thanks!

Comments anyone? I'm a newbie. Hope to learn a thing or two from you.

er.. the pic is too dark. it probably would be more appropriate that the girl to be the focus of the picture rather than the dark patch

djork said:
er.. the pic is too dark. it probably would be more appropriate that the girl to be the focus of the picture rather than the dark patch

Thanks for the input. Will consider that next time. But for this pix, the darkness actually highlighted more strongly the "spraying" of light onto the fruits... an effect I found interesting.

ancch said:
I find it interesting to capture natural light sources on subjects. You never know how the outcome will turn out - and more often than not, photos come out nice. I like this photo 'cos the pose and light coincided very nicely to give an impression that she is watering light and life to the fruits...

Many thanks!

I feel that if you want to give the impression that she is watering light and life onto the fruits, you will need to do some ps on the picture. The pic is cluttered with too many things and I feel that there is too much under exposed areas on the left.

I hope you don't mind but I have tried to use your pic to do some ps to give that effect. It is not well done but that is my idea. ;)

csw-HK-Mkt-2-DSC_9225redo.jpg

Hi Eng Keow - Excellent point and recommendation! Yes the focus on the spraying of light is enhanced by the crop. The "darkened" area was distracting. Thank you!

i think the picture is good as it is. the contrasting bright and dark spaces lend the action of watering the fruits some meaning. the wide angle give the entire activity a great context. :cheers:

eikin said:
i think the picture is good as it is. the contrasting bright and dark spaces lend the action of watering the fruits some meaning. the wide angle give the entire activity a great context. :cheers:

Thanks for the positive comments :)

ancch said:

csw-HK-Mkt-2-DSC_9225.jpg

Look forward to your comments :)

Many thanks!
halo , go buy yourself a flash

Hmm..that would defeat the purpose of capturing the natural light, no? I think the theme works with the photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.