Waterfall shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahsosl1e8

Sep 18, 2005
After my first attempt at shooting a waterfall, i found a major obstacle... the spray. How to keep ur lens free from the droplets of water that seemed to be everywhere? zoom from afar?

ahsosl1e8 said:
After my first attempt at shooting a waterfall, i found a major obstacle... the spray. How to keep ur lens free from the droplets of water that seemed to be everywhere? zoom from afar?
Yep. And bring a tripod as well. Also, try a slower shutter speed. Alternatively, position yourself somewhere away from the wind direction so you won't be affected by the spray. Unless you can't get the desired angle.

ahsosl1e8 said:
shutter speed depends on what effect you want though.Whether you want still or the silky effect of the water.Actually, the timny droplets are not visible on your picture unless it is really excessive or you use a deep DOF,IMO.So for me, its kinda shoot-clean lens-shoot-clean lens-.....:)

Wow you mean you actually stood so close that you camera (and quite possibly yourself) got wet? Incredible! But not advisible. Shoot from afar. Perspective won't be that much different.

solarii said:
Wow you mean you actually stood so close that you camera (and quite possibly yourself) got wet? Incredible! But not advisible. Shoot from afar. Perspective won't be that much different.

Zoom from far, matey. I shot a waterfall @ the bird park with my 18-200mm today. On the hindsight, I should have used my 200-400mm...;p

Zoom from far, matey. I shot a waterfall @ the bird park with my 18-200mm today. On the hindsight, I should have used my 200-400mm...

Haha... natural waterfalls can be much more violent than the one at bird park.

Chiangmai289.jpg

see what i mean?
Chiangmai296.jpg

by zooming i can perhaps capture portions of the fall. sometimes the situation doesn't allow me to zoom from afar. Guess i'll just have to wait another day when the water isn't that big.

Status
Not open for further replies.