Waterfall from the roof of IFC tower

cheeken

Aug 31, 2010
5302307835_6ff73e3581_z.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
anything that the critics thing should be criticised on!

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
A new look on the IFC tower in hong kong, a waterfall effect from the roof!

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
it was pretty cold that night, but the idea came from my friend, i just helped him realise it. kudos to him for such a creative idea!

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
it really gives a whole new outlook to the tower, something that not many people would imagine!

Last edited:
Wow this looks interesting.
Very creative ^^

hi! is this a zooming-in/out shot? or while moving the camera side-to-side during a long exposure?

like the idea. but it doesn't work for me. perhaps because of the cluttered background and composition?
hmm idea idea! do take more of these kinda shots with different objects and show case them :)

hi,

don't quite understand where the waterfall effect came from (as in, how it was acheived), but the biggest thing i don't understand is what purpose it serves in the first place.

maybe you could elaborate?

good to be creative, but "creative" for the sake of it is a different story.

the effects totaly ruin the photo. What is TS trying to obtain ?

i'm just trying to give everyone a new perspective to the IFC tower, not trying to tell a story or what, to me artistic photography is about producing an image that cannot be seen from a human eye's perspective! :)

the effect seems fun...feels that composition can be better...

i'm just trying to give everyone a new perspective to the IFC tower, not trying to tell a story or what, to me artistic photography is about producing an image that cannot be seen from a human eye's perspective! :)

Did u zoom in while moving the camera's view upwards during a long exposure to create the waterfall effect?

Did u zoom in while moving the camera's view upwards during a long exposure to create the waterfall effect?

zoom in yes, move camera's view upwards no:) basically as long as the roof is lower than the centre of the frame, it will automatically move down when you zoom in, laws of transformation :)

zoom in yes, move camera's view upwards no:) basically as long as the roof is lower than the centre of the frame, it will automatically move down when you zoom in, laws of transformation :)

i see now. LOL, yes.

this shot is very interesting.. as the top of this tower was much brighter, this waterflow effect works very nice.. coz other lights does not show the light trial effect much as they are less bright..
i live artistic photos and creative ideas.. even the message giving photos i like in artistic way.. its interesting.. something others cant see.. as you got this shot, you should have tried from different angles.. you could have captured better composition..
but i like it..