water shot

chinghang

Dec 12, 2009
sengkang
macro.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Is the composition correct? I personally feel that its abit too dark for the exposure...is this exposure ok? color wise....is it ok? do i need to post process the colour?

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
capture the details of the water droplet. Get a correct composition and exposure

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
its taken inside botanic garden coolhouse. Used macro extension tube for this image

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
Other than the exposure is too dark, generally i feel that its quite nice.

P.S. sorry if i did anything wrong......my first time posting images in clubsnap. I am a new member.:confused:

I really like the detail on the droplets. Very interesting perspective! Exposure for the droplets is ok.

I really like the detail on the droplets. Very interesting perspective! Exposure for the droplets is ok.

Worried about exposure as the overall pic looks quite dark except for the water droplet.

slightly underexposed. but its really a good perspective :)

Would be nice if can see the greens of the leafs.
Just my 1cent. ;)

slightly underexposed. but its really a good perspective :)

thanks....:)

Would be nice if can see the greens of the leafs.
Just my 1cent. ;)

thanks.......any idea how to do dat?? the leaf is way too dark and if i did correctly expose the leaf the water would lose the details......photoshop is out.....there would be too much details lost trying to get back the exposure.....:think:

I'm a noob so i would trial and error here and there but the first thing i would try would be to use a flash to brighten up the leafs. :)

I'm a noob so i would trial and error here and there but the first thing i would try would be to use a flash to brighten up the leafs. :)

hmm.....can't....this is taken with macro......lens blocking the light from my external flash....:dunno:......would require macro ring flash i tink......hmm.... a question...would you rather have details on the leaf and black backgroud from using flash or would you rather have black leaf and a bright background??:think:........i tink i nid to go back and retake this shot....:bsmilie:.....thanks for the suggestion:)

agree that should more detail to the leafs such as greener, would be better.
But it's quite nice anyway =)

thanks...=D

Interesting perspective. :)

Seems underexposed. But still not a bad picture. I would zoom in on 2 center droplets if I were you.

I was about to say the something similar to daredevil123.
Four droplets on four leaves - one on either end can be a little bit of distraction.
In my heart, I was thinking of cropping away either the left one or the right.
But my final preference will be to crop out the left one, leaving the three on the right side.

Otherwise the underexposed leaves pose as not a problem at all because you simply want the attention to be brought to the droplets.
Good picture.

exposure is fine for me.

try to read up on the rule of odds - here the choice is rather clear for me, i would choose to crop the right one off.

not a bad picture - recommend cross processing it also. :)

Interesting perspective. :)

thanks

Seems underexposed. But still not a bad picture. I would zoom in on 2 center droplets if I were you.

I was about to say the something similar to daredevil123.
Four droplets on four leaves - one on either end can be a little bit of distraction.
In my heart, I was thinking of cropping away either the left one or the right.
But my final preference will be to crop out the left one, leaving the three on the right side.

Otherwise the underexposed leaves pose as not a problem at all because you simply want the attention to be brought to the droplets.
Good picture.

exposure is fine for me.

try to read up on the rule of odds - here the choice is rather clear for me, i would choose to crop the right one off.

not a bad picture - recommend cross processing it also. :)

thanks all for the suggestion........just read up on the rule of odds.....thx night86mare...:bsmilie:...any more rules i should know other than this and rule of third, rule of space??.....cropping is a problem in my case now as the center 2 droplets are close together and the droplets at the other 2 end are quite far apart......it left a big space after i cropped.....

crop away right
crop21of1-1.jpg

crop away left
crop11of1-1.jpg

@night86mare what do u mean by cross processing?

ps...mods isit ok for me to post like dis??

nvm....ignore the message abt cross processing i added in the end.......just googled and found out......

suggest 7x6 crop with some cloning. you need space on the right of the thirdmost droplet, and there is black oof distraction in that area.

waterdrop01.jpg

xpro with curves, desat + sepia filter

waterdrop02.jpg

something on xpro for photoshop that you can read. basically i just use the individual rgb curves. personal preference is to leave green curve untouched altogether.

http://tutorialblog.org/photoshop-tutorial-getting-that-great-x-pro-lomo-look/

THANKS!!!! HAHAHA:):):bsmilie::bsmilie:.........interesting crop with 7x6.......thanks alot for the tutorial abt the curves!!!

nice perspective. overall looks underexposed.

i feel the underexposed part is not a matter.

If see carefully, the water droplets actually included the nice blue sky, if i would to crop, i would crop left the sharp 1 (because the others actually is blurred out), and then subject (bluesky) would be very strong.

If exposed it more, i wonder if the greens will contrast well with the blues. i still prefer it underexposed( hehe because this way the sky will be contrasty, i am a cloud fanatic)

Just my 2 cents, from a noob man, hope no offence

Nice Prespective!! i like~ works for me.. normally if my pics are over exposed or anything. i will turn it B&W. just my 1 cents.. newbie comment