Water in dry cabinet dehumidifier unit?

heshanj

Aug 18, 2009
Ho Chi Minh City
pixelogist.me
Hi guys. Posting here after quite a while, not had time for photography lately, sadly

Quick question: I was looking for a lens cap in my dry cabinet and couldn't find it. I was feeling around the dry cabinet (with the power off!) and felt water in the dehumidifier unit on the back. It was in the 'inside' of the dehumidifier unit

I kinda panicked - I hope my dry cab isn't faulty? It's pretty old, around 8 years now, so I wonder if something is wrong? I don't know how long it's been like this. I just moved to a new apartment, and it was turned off for a couple of days, I wonder if it got damaged or something

Hope someone can let me know what I can do about it...thanks!

Power up the cab again condensation will drain away as designed.Do note that a dehumidifier
works by cooling the space enclosed.Think of a refrigerator when you take an item out water forms on the exterior of item.For dry cab there is a cup-like container to collect the water and sponge to drain to outside and for evaporation takes place.I guess you have set it very low below 40%? Look at the reading it should change fast for a 30 litre model.

Edit: Check if the sponge is clogged with dust.

Last edited:
Humidity is removed by triggering condensation on a cold surface inside the cabinet, then draining the water to the outside.
Therefore it's pretty normal and a sign of proper working conditions to have a small amount of condensed water at the dehumidifier.
More technical details can be found here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481380

Thanks guys! Sounds like it's normal after all, that's a relief. I'll turn it back on then! Yes I used to have it around 40-45% but lately it's been maintaining about 38% and I left it at that

I'm not sure where the sponge is but I should be able to figure that out, will check it too. Thanks again!

Thanks guys! Sounds like it's normal after all, that's a relief. I'll turn it back on then! Yes I used to have it around 40-45% but lately it's been maintaining about 38% and I left it at that

I'm not sure where the sponge is but I should be able to figure that out, will check it too. Thanks again!

Look at the dehumidifier unit outside, from below there is a slot the sponge should be visable.

Found it, and no it's clear and looks surprisingly clean! The unit still is wet inside, but that's probably coz I've been opening it, and it was turned off in the morning, and it's been constantly bringing the humidity down!

No worries, thanks again for clearing this up for me!