Water dispensers or filtered water options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattlock

Feb 28, 2004
www.superhyperreal.com
I'm looking at getting a water dispenser or a Brita system, however the Brita seems like a pain to refill and doesn't seem to last very long.
How much does a water dispenser cost with the bottles of water? (those with a few gallons of water per bottle) I heard it's quite worthwhile.

What are you looking to do?
- Use at home or office?
- Do you want to "purify" your water
- Have you thought about a water ionizer instead?

If for the home a water dispenser (presume you mean the ones where you replace the bottle) is a waste and costly. You'd be better off with a water filter. Two types one that fits on the counter, the other fits under the sink - your choice.

Brita jug filters are a waste of time - as you say got to fill them up often

Look for silver impregnated carbon filters. Juniper filters are the new type of filters...dunno haven't tested.

However if you are looking for health benefits at the same time - get a water ionizer (many have a silver carbon filter built in). Google for ionized water to get the health benefits. Mainly from Japan, Taiwan or Korea. Can't tell you which one is the best

thanks
I'm looking at a water dispenser, got some info that polar has this service and ice mountain has this service. will check with them

Status
Not open for further replies.