Not open for further replies.

espion

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2005
4303.jpg

What do you all think of this shot?

DSCN0054-1.jpg

Retrying to post pic ... seems ok ...

seeking comments for this pic - wld appreciate any ... thanks.

so if i cropped out the backgroud or fill it in with some dark shade it would do?

methinks better to retake, probably different angle, and let the natural photo darken then background to make the flower outstanding u know.. u know.. the technique, ur nikon 5700 has enough juice to do it.

dennisc said:
methinks better to retake, probably different angle, and let the natural photo darken then background to make the flower outstanding u know.. u know.. the technique, ur nikon 5700 has enough juice to do it.
where u get the info in the pic about the nikon 5700? u d/l the jpg and read the EXIF?

me deliberately stretched out the highlight to show up the veins in the flower petals and give it a water colouring effect to the flower. that didnt worked to u?

u didnt say what your motives were. Oo the flower do look more like watercolor now. a little more overexposure may look even more dramatic. nice

dennisc said:
u didnt say what your motives were. Oo the flower do look more like watercolor now. a little more overexposure may look even more dramatic. nice
aiyo how much more must i say - its the title ba! - "WATER COLOURED FLOWER"

BUT then if its not obvious to viewers then I have not done it - the message didnt get thru ... :)

maybe if i didnt tell people its a pic it would have worked ... hmmmm

furrycake said:
i dont know but the pic seems abit glaring?

I think its better off this way than less contrast and the brightness...
the colors play a very important part here...

think my image link still not working.

trying again ...

48237986.DSCN00541.jpg

hope it stays that way ...

Just my opinion, but I think if the background is cleaner then the "watercolor" effect will be more prominent. The stem on the left and the round thingy on top of the flower doesn't give the effect justice. I imagine if the picture only consists of the blooming flower with white background it will be quite nice.

I think you should be more specific in what you want us to comment on
There must be a reason why you did the shot a certain way so at least fill us in so we don't have to play guessing games.

A picture is supposed to be a thousand words. If it need words, then the picture has failed. So I guessed it didnt worked. Thanks.

please read the guidelines before posting next time

"some guidelines for photographers posting photos for critique;
1. know your subject
2. draw attention to your subject
3. simplify.
it would also be helpful to post a short paragraph telling us why you took the pic and what you were trying to achieve photographically."

I would like to add that the picture reminds me abit of Nick Knight's work. you may want to check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.