Originally posted by rostov
1) I like the way you caught the human's attention to look down where the statues look -- there's interaction there...
2) ...coupled with a diagonal (top left to bottom right)
3) I also like the contrast you attempted -- live with dead.
1) My eyes could not help but wonder from human to statue to top-right-corner (infinity area -- crowd) to the white distraction on the left 1/5 of the photo. Cropping the left 1/5 of the photo to make it square seem to improve a little.
2) Perhaps if f4 or f5.6 was used to blur out the background...I find the background very distracting.
3) Also, (although can't be helped) the black railing rudely cuts a diagonal across your main diagonal theme (human-statues).
Off topic : easy for one to play critic, but when my own *sigh*...
Thanks for your comments.
I am still very new in photography, still trying around.
This photo I took in a hurry as you know such scene is very impromptu...at that time my DC exposure was low...but anyway i took the shot
When u say to take the shot at f4 or f5.6 that mean my shutter speed has to be faster is it?
Thanks for pointing out the diagonal composure...I do not know of this...perhaps from now will keep in mind of this type of composure