Watch

Mew

Oct 27, 2004
od2.jpg

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
Composition and Exposure. Overall picture

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
It was an attempt to replicate product shots done in various publications

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Inside a light tent with a table lamp directed towards the watch dial

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture?
Personally I think I shouldn't cut out the left side of the watch in the picture. Feels slightly underexposed.

Hope to hear your constuctive comments, thanks.

Personally I think I shouldn't cut out the left side of the watch in the picture. Feels slightly underexposed.

i think yes, shouldn't have cut off the left side.. plus the right side of the watch is outta focus. might have to watch the dof there (no pun intended :))

in marketing course, you will learn that keeping a "good time" is an important aspect of selling/ presenting watches.

the ideal time is 10:10 with the hour hand on the 10 o'clock, as this represent the smiley face.

a watch with date should be set to 8, 18 or 28. good numbers that has a subliminal effect on the viewer.

in marketing course, you will learn that keeping a "good time" is an important aspect of selling/ presenting watches.

the ideal time is 10:10 with the hour hand on the 10 o'clock, as this represent the smiley face.

a watch with date should be set to 8, 18 or 28. good numbers that has a subliminal effect on the viewer.

learnt something new here too thanks! ;) though i'm not in the watch marketing industry :bsmilie:

thanks, knew about the 10:10 smiley but didnt know about the 8, 18, 28 on the date :)

any reason why there is so much empty space on the right?
meant for adding captions?

exposure seems all right, though I wish I could see more of the watch, and also for the crown and date to be more in focus.

thanks, knew about the 10:10 smiley but didnt know about the 8, 18, 28 on the date :)

np.. this varies with items. calculators you may use the full set of numerals to show how many digits it can display. digital watch you may wish to use 8 to fill all possibilities as a form of showing the wording will display properly.

Exposure and sharpness is ok. Too much empty space on the right. Perhaps TS could consider PPing away the dust specks in the shadowed areas of the watch. Would have preferred to adjust the minute hand away such that the word "precision" is unblocked. :)