Watch SCV on Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhiliang

Dec 20, 2006
Serangoon
Hi,

I need help over here. What do i need to get or fix up before i can watch and record SCV shows on computer?

And also, would it be very expensive?

For recording SCV shows, I would recommend to get a harddisk DVR.

Alternatively you can get a TV card and signal into it.

Meaning a TV card for my computer and then just call SCV to setup?

A Harddisk DVR would be expensive right?

I think cheaper and better to get normal TV and a hard disk DVD recorder.

Last edited:
Hi,

I need help over here. What do i need to get or fix up before i can watch and record SCV shows on computer?

And also, would it be very expensive?
You mean to receive SCV signal on your PC without the use of a SCV set top box ie via a TV tuner card that can decode the SCV signal from your antenna point? I don't think there is such a thing and I'm sure StarHub does not have this option nor encourage it.

The only alternative is to send the audio and video signals from the SCV set top box (from the AV outputs) to the AV inputs of your graphic or TV tuner card or external TV tuner box of your PC and watch and record from there.

Yes, i mean getting a starhub box and then sending it to a tv card in my PC so i can watch from there.

Is it expensive to do so? Also will the starhub box also cost a lot?

Performance in terms of imaging wise, is it very poor on a PC?

Meaning a TV card for my computer and then just call SCV to setup?

A Harddisk DVR would be expensive right?

Are you a Starhub Cable TV subscriber ?
If yes, then get a HD DVR or TV card
If No, you need to subscribe to the service

Type of HD DVR
Go carrefour and they do sell A.C.Ryan AluBox DVR. Price should be $299++ for 320gig.

Yes, i mean getting a starhub box and then sending it to a tv card in my PC so i can watch from there.

Is it expensive to do so? Also will the starhub box also cost a lot?

Performance in terms of imaging wise, is it very poor on a PC?
Most TV tuner cards or boxes have AV inputs. The video quality from the AV input is as good as that of the TV reception you get which depends on the signal strength in your area as well as the processing power of your PC.

The rental of the first StarHub digital box is normally free but you need to subscribe to a minimum no. of SCV channels. So the total cost would depend on how many SCV channels you subscribe to not including the free-to-air channels.

Get a hubstation if u want hassle free program recording. Normal DVR, with HDD type, need to program manually. I made a mistake by getting a DVR, hardly use for recording, spoilt but luckily extended warrently, no need to pay 200+ (nearly $300) :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.