Wat wull u do if u were in my shoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I would do in your place is use shorter sentences, punctuation, and paragraphs to explain the perceived problem in a coherent way.

after all these unhappy chain-of-events, if i still think this friend is a keeper, i'll step back & thank him i now dun need to live up to a certain expectation. still can shoot on the sidelines without pressure to perform. i will give 'ang pao' instead of pics.

i think your friend would have really liked you to "shoot":bsmilie: them (pun intended) but on a such a big day your friend is just 1 of the caste. the main caste includes parents on both sides, your friend & his wifey. worse if on that day parents on both sides rub each other the wrong way, you stuck in-the-middle. "official photographer" kenna pull here, drag there for family shots like small fly. more ugly right?

just my $0.02 opinion. just toast & congrats to him!:cheers:

Shoot some really ugly photos of the bride, it's her fault for spoiling your day. :bsmilie:

wonder do u have a portfolio to show in the first place?

even the new paid photogapher are doing the main shoot
u can still shoot PJ style right?

Why compete?

Where he go, you go somewhere else.

Otherwise, couple will end up with two similar sets of photos. And there's no such thing as "taking up all the good angles". If that's your approach, then there's no hope of cultivating creativity. There are many other good angles for you to discover.

If it were me, I wouldn't really be to disturbed. 1st photographer, 2nd photographer, each got different challenges. They should be seen as complementing each other. I've been 2nd photographer on many occasions, and all I'm concerned with is to do the job to the best of my abilities. At the end of it all, my conscience is clear and I'm confident that my series would still be valued in its own right.

Also, to sidetrack a little, I also agree that you really have to learn to type properly. Minimise IRC-type spelling, please. Yes, this has got nothing to do with your photography skills, but in this reality of ours, impressions really do matter.

Personally I would just not walked off. Afterall, you were being paid, so you should have done your job.

Or the other photographer might be in similar situation as you.

Status
Not open for further replies.