Wat would u use for a point & shoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyrrad

I'm interested to know what our avid photogs on CS would you use as a compact camera you could slide into your bag or pocket? A Ricoh GR1? A Pentax mu? A Lomo? Or perhaps you'd have digital options?

lyrrad said:
I'm interested to know what our avid photogs on CS would you use as a compact camera you could slide into your bag or pocket? A Ricoh GR1? A Pentax mu? A Lomo? Or perhaps you'd have digital options?

Compact cameras are so small and compact and I can bring it along with me all the time. FYI, I am using a Contax T3 and I can tell you the optics of it is very very good. I don't bother to buy any digital cameras as it belongs to the 'throw away culture'. I would prefer to use something that is lasting and would follow me for my life. Pls don't flame me, I am just speaking my mind. :sweat:
Digital cameras of todays are no match to film-cameras in term of image quality.

Belle&Sebastain said:
i agree to xxx. i got either my oly Mju II or my contax T3 with me most of the time.

So are you enjoy using your Contax T3? BTW, is yours a titanium or a black one?

XXX Boy said:
So are you enjoy using your Contax T3? BTW, is yours a titanium or a black one?

Very much! i still dun believe i bought it! i have shot 5 rolls now, have developed 3, going to see my pictures on monday (B/W).

BTW i got the black one!

i still got a question for you, will the canon off-shoe cord work like the nikon ttl one on the flash adaptor? thks!

XXX Boy said:
Compact cameras are so small and compact and I can bring it along with me all the time. FYI, I am using a Contax T3 and I can tell you the optics of it is very very good. I don't bother to buy any digital cameras as it belongs to the 'throw away culture'. I would prefer to use something that is lasting and would follow me for my life. Pls don't flame me, I am just speaking my mind. :sweat:
Digital cameras of todays are no match to film-cameras in term of image quality.

Digital belongs to 'throw away culture'??? And you say don't flame yoU? Looks like you are asking to be flame. The guy ask what is your favourite P&S camera and you compare that with digital. You need to compare apple to apple bro.

Belle&Sebastain said:
Very much! i still dun believe i bought it! i have shot 5 rolls now, have developed 3, going to see my pictures on monday (B/W).

BTW i got the black one!

i still got a question for you, will the canon off-shoe cord work like the nikon ttl one on the flash adaptor? thks!

Glad that you enjoyed using yours. I like mine too!
Wow! Yours is a beautiful Black version!!! It should be more expensive than the usual ones!
I really have no idea if a Canon off-shoe cord works like the Nikon one or not? Better not to try it, unless you are dead sure that it will work...overwise, it might fried your camera's electronics!!!

olympus c-4000z (digital) or olympus mju 2 (film)

and yeah, digital beats film any day.... :bsmilie:

zaren said:
olympus c-4000z (digital) or olympus mju 2 (film)

and yeah, digital beats film any day.... :bsmilie:

c4040 and mju II (with fuji800 film to handle lowlight indoor)

XXX Boy said:
So you feel image quality is everything? How about the ability to practice shooting for free with digital?

I don't think there is any necessity to discuss at length about the merits and demerits of film and digital PnS. The one undisputable fact that I know, and most who have tried, will agree that there is no digital PnS camera that exists at this moment that can beat the T3 in terms of sharpness, contrast, bokeh and even colour. Everything else is subject to each user's preference. :sweatsm:

Contax T3 in my jeans pocket when i dun feel like lugging along big cameras, no contest about the quality this beautiful lens produced~!

Used to carry a GR1V around. Awesome little thing. Shorter than my handphone, and slightly wider. But the developing and scanning film was a pain, so i sold it off.

A film PnS would require 5-10 rolls to master, esp to discover it's metering quirks under tricky light. Given that a film backup PnS gets very little usage (for me), it may take me anywhere from 6 months to never to master another film PnS. Plus, not being able to change ISO on the fly necessitating a higher speed film (film stuck in camera for months), the 'image quality' of film has been negated for me. (ISO400 negatives are not exactly the best candidates for enlargements.)

Overall, i think a small digicam would be a better package. Now using a Powershot G2, but it's a little too big to carry everywhere.

care to post some sample shots of the contax T3 since it is highly recommended.

I just got the Sony DSC-U50 yesterday. Awesome little piece of technology. Dinky little 2 MP CCD, but image quality is pretty impressive. It's got the swivel body (something I truly missed after my Coolpix 990 died). Allows you to take pictures from hip level, looking down.

Fixed 33mm f2.8 lens. Startup VERY fast - about one second. I carry it around without the lens cap. Looks like a small handphone. In fact, I can take pictures holding it like a handphone (SMS typing position), except the lens is pointing to my left! Talk about spycam. Can hang it around your neck.

Takes 2 AAA batteries (NiMH). Quite good battery life, and replacements are cheap.

Harvey Norman is having a promotion now. Only $299.

a70/75/80
g2/g3/g5
sony dsct1/w1
casio exislim

sometimes I can't lug my SLR all the time, so I just want a compact camera to keep in my pocket. I would still love a film one, but if i'm abt to share photos on a blog or photo gallery a digital would be so much easier. forget abt quality or apples vs oranges 'cos i'm not going to blow my images up for a large format ad. besides I'm thinking perhaps abt just screen reso, so then more importantly perhaps would be the cam's lens, b'cos then again Photoshop is part of my arsenal.

so u see, i'm looking for a new compact cam I can keep in my pocket of bag, then I'd never hav to kick myself for missing shots because i didn't have my SLR.

(OT)
I'm puzzled how come we sometimes compare film to digital, personnally I still love film, but I feel digital is more convenient. we're toking abt P&S here. if u thinking abt it, a DSLR would prolly suit a beginner better because it shallows the learning curve.

I have the original Ixus which I used to keep in my pocket, but obviously the CCD is obsolete now. Which leaves me to feel, my 'arty- out of focus' lomo would never need 'updating' to a newer model.

Status
Not open for further replies.