wat to do if flash is too strong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

compro_1975

Apr 24, 2005
the area that the flash hits, is sometimes too bright, other areas are ok, usually is the middle forcus area. anyway to prevent that? tks for the info!

read this somewhere on an e-book..though i'd share it with ya all.

metallilan said:
read this somewhere on an e-book..though i'd share it with ya all.

ttz v interesting, luckily i still got some film canisters, can try it out. :)

compro_1975 said:
the area that the flash hits, is sometimes too bright, other areas are ok, usually is the middle forcus area. anyway to prevent that? tks for the info!
Could it be you are too close to the subject?
Could it be the subject is white/light tone and the background is black/dark tone?

Please show a picture to illustrate what do you mean the flash is too strong.

Snoweagle said:
I don't trust DIY diffusers, they don't give the correct exposures.
i dont trust canon flash systems for the same reason. haha..
joking. =)

u mean internal or external flash? on wat camera?

ya, then it becomes black hole and sucks light in...

is it that type for party, compact cams, usually it is dark behind, so i use flash + low shutter, but the front will be too bright due to the flash.

sorry i do not hav such pix with me cos i would usually del them after see-ing the quality :think:

Snoweagle said:
:thumbsup: you got backbone and money.

sad to say.. I was too poor to buy and diffuser made by renowned sources and had to diy my a lot of my own diffusers... including my own bounce card.. :cry: I still diy a lot of my stuff now..

yanyewkay said:
:thumbsup: you got backbone and money.

sad to say.. I was too poor to buy and diffuser made by renowned sources and had to diy my a lot of my own diffusers... including my own bounce card.. :cry: I still diy a lot of my stuff now..

Last time i made a diffuser for my old flash and results were horrible. So from then on i changed my flash system and also bought a sto-fen omnibounce.

Snoweagle said:
Hehe...

Diffusing the light from a flash gun does not need rocket building knowledge, if it fails you, try again on other material lor.... No harm....

FYI, My children had bought a $80 diffuser, and I had a Mug from Ikea for 90 cents.... the colour of the material looks excatly the same ! So I impovise it, and it can now mount on my Metz 54MZ4 flash gun. I further modified it by adding a whilte bounce card inside the mug, so, the light loss through the mug would keep to a minimum, as other than the light exit the mug, all the light lost for getting to the back would be bounced for the front instead all in all, it's a 15 min. job, with a little of tapping and drilling, filing .... although it looks very DIY, but it'll add sparkle of catchlight in the eye socket! whilst the $80 diffuser couldn't and we can't tell any slight color shift from either diffuser ! Guess what ? My child grabbed awya the mug ran away, leaving the $80 diffuser for me :bsmilie: hehe .... shhhhh..... don't let him know, it costs only 90cents and an extra dollar for the velcro... I bought the mug from Ikea (which is not far from my place) again, the very next day..... I have my mug diffuser for my 54MZ4 again...

Whilst I went to Ikea , I saw a white colour container. having a 15" by 12" opening, hey this is a great device to convert into a soft box.... My wife have some kitchen drawer roll also from Ikea left, ( She would not notice if I steal 15" away until she see the softbox) and once again, the projext should cost me way under $15, even if I'm to buy a new roll of Kitchen drawer roll !

if the idea works well, I'd plan to make a bracket to mount one of my less frequently used 40MZ2 flash on this soft box.... Let's see how things go !

Status
Not open for further replies.