wat settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

absoluthal

Mar 14, 2006
harlem.multiply.com
hi there ppl....
wat settings do i need if i were to take indoor pics? eg, if taking pics of ppl inside the house.
i'm using nikon d80 with 50mm f1.8 lens.
thanks for ur help....
;)

"P"rofessional Mode. :thumbsup:

hi there ppl....
wat settings do i need if i were to take indoor pics? eg, if taking pics of ppl inside the house.
thanks for ur help....
;)

Choose the "green box" setting. Let the camera decide for itself...

BC

you will need high DOF. use A mode

so go for at less f5.6 and above for group shots.

btw. dun you think 50mm is very tight in a house?

You can use low dof as well, just use your flash.
How you know 50mm not enuff for his house? maybe he VRM and house is bigger than football field?

hi,

i am using canon 400D with lens 55mm-200mm....but then when i shoot indoor pictures come out blur...is it due to handshake? what setting should i use when shooting indoor?

does an external flash reduce blurriness?

please advise

chee kiang

hi,

i am using canon 400D with lens 55mm-200mm....but then when i shoot indoor pictures come out blur...is it due to handshake? what setting should i use when shooting indoor?

please advise

chee kiang

maybe u did not use the built-in flash...
i tried talking pics indoor with n without using the built-in flash...
there are differences...
thats wat i think la...
any pros can help...
;)

maybe u did not use the built-in flash...
i tried talking pics indoor with n without using the built-in flash...
there are differences...
thats wat i think la...
any pros can help...
;)

Not a pro here, but I think basically its due to the shutter speed. With the flash on the camera sets a faster shutter speed, however without the flash, when there is not enough light, the camera compensates by choosing a slower shutter speed to allow more light onto the sensor so as to get the correct exposure. With a slow shutter speed any tiny hand movement will result in the picture being blur.

So if you really need to shoot without flash, either open the aperture wider, increase the ISO or mount the camera on the tripod.

hi there ppl....
thanks for ur help....
;)

Indoors in daytime or ??

Daytime, you can try A mode with an ISO of about ISO 200 - 400. Should be able to use f4 or so... Else bump it larger to f2.8

When there's less light, then try using higher ISO speeds and larger apertures...

hi,

please advise

chee kiang

bump up iso... don't be shy to push up 800 or more and bear with the noise if your indoor is somehow dim. depending on your max aperture of your lens... sometimes even f1.4 doesn't help to get a sharp pic. Shutter speed below 1/60 quite prone to handshake. It depends how stable your hands are... some pro in CS can handheld at lower shutter speed... Get a IS lens if you have the budget... External flash is your ultimate answer :lovegrin:

Or get a camera with anti-shake built in.

bump up iso... don't be shy to push up 800 or more and bear with the noise if your indoor is somehow dim. depending on your max aperture of your lens... sometimes even f1.4 doesn't help to get a sharp pic. Shutter speed below 1/60 quite prone to handshake. It depends how stable your hands are... some pro in CS can handheld at lower shutter speed... Get a IS lens if you have the budget... External flash is your ultimate answer :lovegrin:

thanks for the tip bro...
tried taking pics using the built in flash but pic not that nice..
must save up to buy the external flash.
either sb 600 or sb 800:think:
;)

Indoor light condition is proned to handshake blur, motion blur and too shallow Depth of field blur if one is not careful.

So make sure your shutter speed is faster enough (1/actual focal length guideline) and aperture is smaller enough (higher F/ number to have a higher DOF).

In most indoor situations, you need to use a high ISO in order to use a fast enough shutter speed and a smaller aperture.

You may also want to use -ve flash compensation and a higher ISO to strike a good exposure balance between the main subject and the darker background.

Status
Not open for further replies.