Wat is a digital back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

polo_pro10

May 16, 2004
Rosyth Rd
photobucket.com
Hi, I would like to know wat a digital back is coz i saw a few posts regarding it & why is it so EX. !!! :dunno: :kiss: Thanks for the help.

Well, digital back usually refer to medium format backs using digital. So you can imagine how ex it can get when the film back alone cant easily cost 3-5k. And the resolution of the digital backs usually lies at abt 22megapix, so the cost is exponential.

www.lightphase.com to see the phaseone digital back.

typically back for MF range from 5MP to 22MP. Normally use for commercial photography. back for large format are also available from Sinar... very expensive.

Major brands are PhaseOne, Leaf, Imacon, Sinar, Kodak (rare).
Most popular among photographer in Singapore is PhaseOne. (the local distributor is Ruby Imaging)

The new P25 back from Phase one cost in the region of S$47K +++.
Re-conditioned back of smaller resolution are also available, example H10.

SniperD said:
wait till you see a "chiong version" of the digital back for Seagull TLRs :bsmilie:

22megapixels.. fits to the back of your TLR :D

wah, this i got to see. where can i see it in action.

as i always wish for it......a digital back for the 35mm group camera without the preview LCD. long time i remember there is a model for nikon f90x.....but it fades away.......or is not popular here in singapore. for me, if there is one for my f100, it will save me lottsa $$ to step into digital photography. i dun mind without the LCD......i can shot without it.....that will cut down a lot of cost price.
:think:

sniperD - got such thing?? where's the site??

fyi - i thot sniperD was pulling my leg when he said there's a digital back for TLRs.... then when i google, i came up with a 3rd party digital backs for russian cameras ... http://www.kievcamera.com/camera.php?ID=48

i'm impressed... ranges from 6-22MP. i wonder if they are available in singapore... :think:

nightwolf75 said:
sniperD - got such thing?? where's the site??

fyi - i thot sniperD was pulling my leg when he said there's a digital back for TLRs.... then when i google, i came up with a 3rd party digital backs for russian cameras ... http://www.kievcamera.com/camera.php?ID=48

i'm impressed... ranges from 6-22MP. i wonder if they are available in singapore... :think:

BUY BUY BUY

Dude!

the digital backs on that kiev is by JENOPTIK (eyelike)
and trust me it is not cheap, no way is it russian 3rd party.

and yes it is available in singapore.. if you want it you better start saving
40K+++

oh yeah and you would be nuts to use that on a russian kiev.
sometimes these old school cams are best used with film.

only the more high tech ones deserve this

Barret said:
Dude!

the digital backs on that kiev is by JENOPTIK (eyelike)
and trust me it is not cheap, no way is it russian 3rd party.

and yes it is available in singapore.. if you want it you better start saving
40K+++

oh yeah and you would be nuts to use that on a russian kiev.
sometimes these old school cams are best used with film.

only the more high tech ones deserve this

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: barret, dun worry lah. i was pulling espn's leg. heck... a brand new kiev 88 is ard $1000+ (after conversion and shipping). a digiback costs $40K. i sure as hell dun think i'll blow $40k on a relatively cheap MF cam!

besides... only the serious serious pros can afford any digibacks... :cry:

kiev 88 is only 1k new?
can probally adapt it to other mounts right?

argh i dont need 1, need to save money

Status
Not open for further replies.