Wat do u hope to achieve in photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

Witness

Mar 18, 2004
www.maverickatwork.com
Juz a question to find out wat everyone's aims are when u "get interested" in and pick up photography...

do some pick it up juz to take better snapshots (which was my aim when i started) or to turn pro someday etc etc?

for me, i'm living my aim now... haha....

cheers...
Witness

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
Shoot products... from start to now... still trying to be a product shooter for my products...

no intention to be a pro... never will, never will be... cos my sensei is Pro Image... ;p i can't be named the same as him...

hazekang

Aug 29, 2004
Clementi
hazekang.multiply.com
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
Shoot products... from start to now... still trying to be a product shooter for my products...

no intention to be a pro... never will, never will be... cos my sensei is Pro Image... ;p i can't be named the same as him...
products use bigma to shoot one ah? :)

just wana make new frens n learn more stuff every weekend instead of stayin at home killin diablo n his bros :)

everyone in cs is my sensei! :)

jsbn

Jul 24, 2002
Planet Eropagnis
Hmm... Create my own unique style of photography?

Of cos, say create is create. But whether ppl can appreciate it is another thing... :(

student

Jul 26, 2004
See better without the camera.

Mar 27, 2005
Singapore
To be filthy rich & famous... and have an alternative job if I get caught posting message while at work.

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
hazekang said:
products use bigma to shoot one ah? :)

just wana make new frens n learn more stuff every weekend instead of stayin at home killin diablo n his bros :)

everyone in cs is my sensei! :)
y not... just that need to stand further nia mah... besides... when u got studio lights... you can play with the small aperture, no need big aperture liao... nxt time have a product shoot outing lah...

felixcat8888

May 8, 2005
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
For me it was to learn and maybe become a freelance one day. But that day never happened. but I learnt it the hard way with the film SLRs and started with a budget model and slowly upgraded to a professional model.

Now that I am truning digital, I will need to relearn what I had learnt years back as I have not the luxury of time to really play around when my kids were born and I was borged down with work in my previous job.

In my current role, I can more or less have more time to play around and do the things that I missed doing. My kids are also picking it up too.

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
laughter, peace and joy.

laughter - when i make new frens who share the same interests, and have fun shooting together.

peace - nothing beats grabbing my camera to go out for a shoot over the weekend after 5 days of crap in office. :heart:

joy - when i get THE image.

yanyewkay

Sep 22, 2004
Cons digger.
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
y not... just that need to stand further nia mah... besides... when u got studio lights... you can play with the small aperture, no need big aperture liao... nxt time have a product shoot outing lah...
i do have a product shoot coming tomorrow ;p pics are for web page use only, so it can take a fair bit of errors (fingerprints, dusts, dirt, sticker gum.. etc,etc all cannot be seen.. kekekek :bsmilie: )

my goal in photography.. to document the people (friends, relatives..) and environment around me as I grow up.. too bad I started out late.. I miss a fair quarter of my life already

Paul_Yeo

Feb 27, 2004
Sengkang
www.boo.sg
fun - that's for myself

service to others - i think if i shoot those nice landscaape pic or those animal pic, hang at home not very exciting,...so provide photography for friends, church loh.

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
A lot of my product shots are shot at f45. :bsmilie:

Smurfie

Jan 6, 2005
To bring to the world awareness that sports isn't about glitz, glamor and greenbacks.

Splutter

Dec 28, 2003
Gim Boon Tai
www.splutterphotography.com
To train myself to have a more muscular index finger ;p
Nah, I can get the same results from play games all day. I guess its more for self satisfaction when you can get whatever you envisioned on print.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom