WAT!! Crap winning (Worse still out of theme!) photos of Courts Shootout?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

knpan

May 2, 2006
Singapore
Hi,

Just want to know your views. Not being a sore loser here that I did not win, if the photos selected are good, I wouldnt complain, but ........... Ok, just have a look at these winning photos (total of 5 themes) , .... especially Nature's Beauty winning photo! How on earth did that Out of Theme Photo win? Thats really atrocious. Judge's english that bad they dont understand what it means?? I feel really really angered that they call this a Photo competition.

Have a look at the Theme "Family" too, does it look well executed, or does it look more like a mere snap and go shot (Look at the flash;shadow)? Also, the My Singapore, My home.

I seen MUCH BETTER EXECUTED photos in the archieve yet those did not win. Whats wrong with the judges?

For the Fashion, and best photograph, at least, it looks decent.

here is the link
http://www.courts.com.sg/Shootout/Winners.aspx
:thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd: to the selectors, definitely not photographers !

I hope a huge complain will slam courts photo judges soon

Last edited:
same feeling here .... !

i particiapted the competition, but when i saw the winning photos, i almost fainted ...! feel very upset....!

kelong ;)

Maybe they wanted to give out the gifts badly. So had to give to those "deserving" ones.

:bsmilie::bsmilie::sweat:

Hahaha!

Not being a sore loser too.
Take a look at the winner entries for Lumix's "Legendary Moments".

To me, Macro shots of ants isn't "Legendary Moments".

Hahaha this is indeed quite sad..

or maybe they thought "hmmm looks like all those who submitted nice pics must have used DSLRs, so they probably won't enjoy these cameras we are giving away as prizes ... might as well give to those who really need our prizes to 'upgrade' their gear" :)

Maybe the judges just saw something that we did not. Not always the best technically executed wins.

To TS,

So what is the English definition of " Nature's Beauty" and "Family" ?

And by what standard is that ? ISO 90001 or Oxford Dictionary or Cambridge ?

This is just a photo competition, or rather marketing activity by a major retailer, with 6 prizes sponsored by the 6 brands. Most likely, the judges are the 6 marketing staff from each sponsor, and they may send like a executive or manager , as invited by Courts perhaps. Perhaps these people know nuts about the technicalities of photography. They just judge by what they like, or maybe, what camera was used to take that photos.

I'm not too sure if the credentials of the judges were made known to the public. In any case, why take part in any competitions if the credential of the judges, if any , were not up to standard.

Maybe you can email Courts to inform them of the disappointment, and suggest to them to get better judges for any future competitions :bsmilie:?

By the way, I'm not afflicted to Courts or any of the 6 Brands of camera

hmmmm....WELL..Thats the winner...We cant argue about that:sweat::sweat:

It just like in your job..... your boss ask you to submit your accomplishment..:cry:
and at the end, the increment is base on the tip of your boss pen.....................GETS?:think:

:bsmilie:
Nature's beauty and Family...both really power...powerful snaps...

Only Fashion meets my eyes..;p

Don bother about these competition lah
The craps pictures win and then the host can use all submitted photos as they like

i don't see any need to cluster bomb the winners.

i'm sure it would be different if any of us knew them.

TS, i'm sure you have had your share of experiencing what happens when someone wins a photo competition... therefore, i think you should have learnt that no winner will please everyone.

that said, yes, i can't say i like the images immensely... but the judges' decision is final, and we must respect that. if don't like, next year don't take part lor. it is as simple as that. why the need to put the winners down publicly and then open discussion commenting on how bad they are, etc? do you derive any pleasure from that? does it change anything?

Yo nigga pan..saw the winning shots..hahahthe nature's beauty total crap la.HDR SOMEMORE! hahahah!!!and the rest are as good as PNS shots too! i wonder wth courts were thinking? As for the Judges they absolutely 100% have 0 aesthetic sense for art !! Lucky u guys didn't have to pay to enter for this competition..if not a refund would be totally necessary !! :thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd:

competition is always like this.. especially some of the local competition where they don't even disclose who the judges are.
You want real good consistent selection go join those international like Nikon International, Sony World Photo, etc.

OMG, these photos can win? Are these beginner's level competition? :eek:

Bro, if you look closer, some of them are CS members. One of them is even a Pro (not full-time) who has won many competitions before.

Have you guys check out some of CS photo forum recently?
Thats what happens when some of us keep 'encouraging' these budding new photographers despite the junk they post. Now..their works are the benchmark!

Waaoot. Beautiful. ho hoo ho..

Regards

By the way, I'm not afflicted to Courts or any of the 6 Brands of camera

By the way, the word you should use is "affiliated".

"Afflicted" is only used whey something bad happens, eg. I am afflicted by BBB virus...

I mentioned this because I saw this word come up several times already.

Status
Not open for further replies.