wat case do u guys use for travelling with the K100d or K10d?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denn23

Dec 22, 2003
as above.. thx.

Don't understand this thread. :rolleyes:
If you don't want to carry your camera exposed, just get a small camera bag. Capacity would depend on how many lenses and accessories you want to carry. (eg. 1 body, 2-3 lenses, flash gun, batteries, memory cards, filters, mini tripod, lens hoods, etc,) Just go to most camera shops and pick out something you like (sling or backpack style; material, shape and colour, brand, etc.) and within budget. What could be simpler than that?

i think i read the thread wrongly..

though u meant.. "in case you are going for a holis.. which cam would u bring along":confused:

paiseh..

Since most of my trips are business trips and I will need to bring laptop, I use the CompuDaypack.
But I find the non-camera/laptop compartment a bit small...
So I'm now looking at the CompuRover AW. Got pouch/straps for tripod some more.
But I wonder if it's going be too big to pass off as cabin luggage...

Since most of my trips are business trips and I will need to bring laptop, I use the CompuDaypack.
But I find the non-camera/laptop compartment a bit small...
So I'm now looking at the CompuRover AW. Got pouch/straps for tripod some more.
But I wonder if it's going be too big to pass off as cabin luggage...

yep, i think compurover might be too big.. =/

to bring the camera from country to country i have a 7 million dollar home, which I really like.

However, i tend to bring it out in general with just a 50/1.4 and no case.

If the darn 16-50/2.8 was more affordable I would probably end up just gettting that.

sorry for the misleading query.

was just wanting to know an appropriate case/bag to carry the camera for travelling.

either that, or i shall go commando style (w/o bag and around my neck)

sorry for the misleading query.

was just wanting to know an appropriate case/bag to carry the camera for travelling.

either that, or i shall go commando style (w/o bag and around my neck)

you probably don't want to go commando style, is invitation for trouble and also not very conducive for carrying for long periods of time

question is, everyone has their own style
some like sling bags, some like backpacks
what sort of person are you?

you probably don't want to go commando style, is invitation for trouble and also not very conducive for carrying for long periods of time

question is, everyone has their own style
some like sling bags, some like backpacks
what sort of person are you?

me is backpack..

i have those kinda mountain climbing bag that I use for trekking when overseas.. only problem is.. i cant really just "throw" everything in there.

Backpacks typically allow you to carry a bigger load (tripod even) and as the weight is balanced on your shoulders, it's great to walk around. It's also a little less conspicuous as most people can't tell photo backpacks from normal ones. However in practice it also is a little slower to use compared to a sling bag as one normally has to put the bag down.

For me, heavy load = backpack, small load = sling bag. About the best tip I can give is to get something that doesn't scream "camera bag" to avoid those prying eyes from criminal elements. I've been using a Domke for years and recently, a smaller Tamrac Velocity. With the Tamrac I can preview my pictures on the camera's LCD and people don't even know I'm fiddling with a camera.

me is backpack..

i have those kinda mountain climbing bag that I use for trekking when overseas.. only problem is.. i cant really just "throw" everything in there.

hrm, for me i have 3 bags
lowepro compudaypack
lowepro orion trekker ii
crumpler 5milliondollarhome

you can take a look at the orion trekker i suppose, if you don't need to bring a laptop around
i quite like it, though there isn't much place for camera related stuff + lens, hehe

I have used the Sling Shot AW200 for almost a year.. went to Europe, but find it tough put into Carry-on Lagguage.. Then I bought a Carry on Laggauge bag with detachable Front.. but no camera protection.. not I am thinking of a camera case so that I can just put the camera and a 16-45/16-50.. i think that's much i need for business travel.. and a flash and Tripod.. for nite..

for local use, I think a 7 million is more than enough....

i just bought a caseman CA05-E06S (crumpler look-alike) from orient photo for $45, looks like the photo below, fits my K100D with kit lens, 50-200mm, and 50mm f1.4. I put the bag inside my messenger bag while moving around, and take it out when in "photography mode".
11061217471933_218.jpg

i just bought a caseman CA05-E06S (crumpler look-alike) from orient photo for $45, looks like the photo below, fits my K100D with kit lens, 50-200mm, and 50mm f1.4. I put the bag inside my messenger bag while moving around, and take it out when in "photography mode".
11061217471933_218.jpg

Looks interesting! Can you take a photo and show us what it looks like inside with the gear in ? I am looking at the Tamrac Adventure 4 or 6 currently but can't decide yet. It needs to hold the camera+kit, 1 spare zoom lens, 1 flash and still have space for misc stuff like a small jacket...:)

Looks interesting! Can you take a photo and show us what it looks like inside with the gear in ? I am looking at the Tamrac Adventure 4 or 6 currently but can't decide yet. It needs to hold the camera+kit, 1 spare zoom lens, 1 flash and still have space for misc stuff like a small jacket...:)

think you need to go 1 size up (that one costs $55), quick grab photos below
img9871qc5.jpg

easiest way is to go to orient photo for a "sizing session"...remember to bring cash, think they also kenna hit by increased NETS fee...

Hi
Thanks for your reply...I think your first pic is a little too large. Best resolution for display here is either 1024x768 or 800x600. In anycase, the bag looks a little tight, I think? That's why you recommended the bigger one?
I did a search for "caseman" and seems they do not even have a website...! How do these compare with Crumplers? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.