Wat bday present to get for 12 yr old girl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

major_tom

Dec 3, 2005
Looking for ideas for bday present for my daughter....and no MP3 players please. :dunno:
when they were much younger, it was so easy.....but now that she's pre-teen, it's getting tuffer.
Budget not over S$80.....

haha since you are in CS... how about a compact cam? :bsmilie: but gotta stretch the budget to maybe 200+

ExplorerZ said:
haha since you are in CS... how about a compact cam? :bsmilie: but gotta stretch the budget to maybe 200+

She has my hand-me-down fuji p&s cam.....:)

major_tom said:
Looking for ideas for bday present for my daughter....and no MP3 players please. :dunno:
when they were much younger, it was so easy.....but now that she's pre-teen, it's getting tuffer.
How about asking her what she want/need?

major_tom said:

hmm... 80 bucks... maybe give her vouchers better...

ok forget about budget for now.....i just need ideas and we will filter from there.
We did asked her but she also ran out of her 'wants/needs'....

major_tom said:

Buy her a nice piggy bank, change the rest of the money to $1 coin and dump inside, encourage and motivate her on the habit of savings. Nowaday, Pre-teen spend money without knowing how tough their parents are working... When I see school kids carrying crumpler bag with IPOD NANO and spikey hair... I think nowadays kids are really blessed. Thus start young and educate on savings...:thumbsup:

devilboy said:
Buy her a nice piggy bank, change the rest of the money to $1 coin and dump inside, encourage and motivate her on the habit of savings. Nowaday, Pre-teen spend money without knowing how tough their parents are working... When I see school kids carrying crumpler bag with IPOD NANO and spikey hair... I think nowadays kids are really blessed. Thus start young and educate on savings...:thumbsup:

give her a $50 bucks tiffany & co voucher... then bring her there to look at some expensive rings & such... then she'll be motivated to earn & save up the money for those... ;p

dunno how your daughter is, thats how i see some of my peers in the past, they'll work their ass off just to buy branded stuff. their motivation is superb...

else since she is pri 6 i guess, buy her a stack of assessment book to prepare her for PSLE... or worse... sec 1 text to read... :confused:

or or or... guess she having school holiday soon, enrol her in some courses (thats wat my parents did anyway...)

p.s. i wonder how she will react if she sees this thread...

DCA said:
or or or... guess she having school holiday soon, enrol her in some courses (thats wat my parents did anyway...)
you still pri 6 meh?

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
give her a $50 bucks tiffany & co voucher... then bring her there to look at some expensive rings & such... then she'll be motivated to earn & save up the money for those... ;p

dunno how your daughter is, thats how i see some of my peers in the past, they'll work their ass off just to buy branded stuff. their motivation is superb...

else since she is pri 6 i guess, buy her a stack of assessment book to prepare her for PSLE... or worse... sec 1 text to read... :confused:

p.s. i wonder how she will react if she sees this thread...
waa fierce assignment as bday present... i rather not have that present... :bsmilie:

anyway how about a bday party with her some classmate?

small bday makan with her best friends is a good idea.
Agree, we try to avoid spoiling her by not buying her branded & ex stuff......we try to inculcate in her that her pop need to work his ass off to support the family and ...her dad's very expensive hobbies (photography, rc modeling, techno gadgets, jap handphones, hi-fi etc......)
* i feeling guilty liao *

jap jandphones... :think: only handphones? :bsmilie: I know there are some stuff from jap that DCA loves.. like Jap AV - those amplifiers and DVD players :bsmilie:

yanyewkay said:
jap jandphones... :think: only handphones? :bsmilie: I know there are some stuff from jap that DCA loves.. like Jap AV - those amplifiers and DVD players :bsmilie:

dun liddat say me leh, i dun like Jap AV lor... I LOVE THEM!!! I can't live without them... :devil:

ortega said:
makeover and photo shoot

something to remember for the rest of her life

that's something definitely different....good one! :thumbsup:

major_tom said:
you got to make sure that it is a good one, something that she would want to remember and/or show off to her friends.

Hair/make up/nails/clothes the works!!

How about a watch? A new sch bag? Something she can use.. She is only 12.. she got many more years of birthdays..

major_tom said:

buy her something related to school like good backpack haversack or a pair of sport shoes or a watch.....

i dont know about your girl so i cant really suggest what to give her. if you give an ex present to her this year, what about next.. and the following years to come ? mayb im thinking too much, but birthday is always about celebrating with loved ones for me. i think a good dinner with birthday cake is enough , or maybe she wants to celebrate with her own frens ? why not just give her the money as red packet, and a peck on the forehead? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.