wash out = too much light loh.
compensate by either:
1. minus exposure value (the plus/minus sign; not to be mistaken wif the flash compensation)
note: did u accidentally set this value to + and forgot to change back??
2. use smaller aperture/faster shutter spd
3. use higher iso (not recommended)
4. are u taking in bright sunlight? use ND filter
5. are u metering at the wrong place?
P.S. u can't much post processing if u pics are washed. meaning u can't make a washed out pic look normal. there's no color info to adjust at all.