Was this true about a chicken farm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

contaxable

Mar 5, 2006
I chanced upon a link below. I love this fastfood all along. But well, its internet. I feel very disturb learning about this though.

http://www.kfccruelty.com/

yes its true, it has been like this for a very long time already.

not just chickens. cows are sucked so dry of their milk they become as thin as the african kids, some not even being able to walk. pigs, ah, similar.

yeha i feel sad for the chikens. but i feel more sad for sharks. at least the whole chicken the whole bird gets eaten. but the sharks get thrown in after the fins is cut off. u should see them trying to swim without the fins. they try hard then drop to the ocean bed then have like a little struggle b4 dying.

The Dolphins are killed horribly in this documentary! I can almost feel the pain too! I don't mind people eating fish and animals, but at least kill them fast and with the least mental anguish for the animal........

HS

Went to a ckicken farm in Holland, I lived next to it when I was studying, they were all 5-6 in one small cage.......sickening too, but one can no tblame the farmer only, they have to do it this way to increase their profit, because they are not paid much for the chickens or eggs. And all because the consumer and for example KFC doesn't want to pay more for eggs, or chicken.....

So, are we prepared to pay more? If not, then you will see this kind of cruelty going on forever

So, are we prepared to pay more? If not, then you will see this kind of cruelty going on forever

Well at least we now know some ppl use cardboards to make buns.. Maybe KFC will tap on this technology to reduce cost..:dunno: cheaper and not cruel (to the chicken).

The Dolphins are killed horribly in this documentary! I can almost feel the pain too! I don't mind people eating fish and animals, but at least kill them fast and with the least mental anguish for the animal........

HS

yeah i agree with this the one especially where the kid walks past. damn heart breaking.

but no matter how quick they kill i will never eat dolphins! like eating sea humans.

HS

Yes, I do feel for the dolphins. They are one of the kindest creatures alive and very peaceable. I believe this documentary is quite old and enough protest would have been blasted at these cruel merchants.

Question is, what's next and what else have we not found out? I have come across more horror stories on food manufacturing (in other countries) and these foods are exported and consumed by kids and adults alike in Singapore here and now. Ever wonder why sometimes after eating something, your tummy feels uneasy and found the food difficult to digest/accept? And these things are found on our supermarket shelves today.

As for the food chain, it's natural that we are part of the chain. Only difference between us and animals is we can be sensible enough to be less beastly.

As for the recent hike in prices, I am afraid to say the same treatment would still be given to animals at the farm level. Price hikes pay for bills and increased dividends; it does not necessary contributes towards a more humanistic effort to save the environment or animals.

To be humane is costly and the ingredient cost could more than double sometimes. Imagine having a beautifully maintained field for the hen to run freely with little chicks tailing behind during sunrise. Imagine the property taxes they have to pay and the vast piece of land they need to maintain. Imagine how many acres of land they need to have in order to accomodate 5 million hen; and how many workers then need to employ. Imagine a plate of 2pcs chicken meal would consequently cost $12.95. And imagine our salary remains status quo...

One way to curb cruelty is to eat less meat. Perhaps that's the only way...

Wait till you see they kill horse, then all gamblers stop horse racing?:dunno:

we, human, kill a lot: seal, tiger, rhino, whale, shark, bear, ...
these are only small examples only.
because of demand, very hard to stop i think

but the sharks get thrown in after the fins is cut off. u should see them trying to swim without the fins. they try hard then drop to the ocean bed then have like a little struggle b4 dying.

With that amount of bleeding, I do not think they even have the opportunity to reach the sea bed. That amount of blood will attract other sharks from far & wide. The finless, bleeding shark will be preyed upon even before it reaches the sea bed. :cry: This is the reason why I stopped eating shark's fin soup years ago.

How about those bear farms in China, where they siphon bile from Sun bears kept in extremely crammed cages? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.