Was lost, but found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
Kaye Patino was lost, but found. Who took her in? a 76 yo female who ekes out a living selling tissues. She stays in a one room flat.

A timely lesson for all of us this Christmas. Not at all well-to-do, but she has a heart of gold. She shared with Kaye what she has.

read abt it... really warms ur heart . i think i shall go down to orchard and buy tissue from her!

read today chinese newspaper n found out that the kind old lady actually had a sad past :(

I think this episode is quite incredible. instead of all the sobbing, relief and all, someone should really teach the little girl a lesson about running away and being so irresponsible.

hoppinghippo said:
I think this episode is quite incredible. instead of all the sobbing, relief and all, someone should really teach the little girl a lesson about running away and being so irresponsible.
Interesting and valid viewpoint. :thumbsup:

hoppinghippo said:

i think she has learnt her lesson.

reachme2003 said:
i think she has learnt her lesson.

ahhhh that's the thing that's really interesting, cuz acc. to the newspapers when they interviewed the girl, she said she won't do it again... the reason??? cuz pple now recognise her and she was SHY to go out of her home. nothing of the "I'm sorry I caused mummy so much heart ache, sorry I made gazilion police and volunteers comb s'pore fretting about her, etc" it was cuz she was shy to go out now. sigh... but I guess its a blessing she was fine in the end anyway. now who said only boys were naughty? heh.

this incident shows how lax is SMRT in their security.
a little girl can go almost around singapore without an ezlink card..... :think:

hoppinghippo said:
ahhhh that's the thing that's really interesting, cuz acc. to the newspapers when they interviewed the girl, she said she won't do it again... the reason??? cuz pple now recognise her and she was SHY to go out of her home. nothing of the "I'm sorry I caused mummy so much heart ache, sorry I made gazilion police and volunteers comb s'pore fretting about her, etc" it was cuz she was shy to go out now. sigh... but I guess its a blessing she was fine in the end anyway. now who said only boys were naughty? heh.

we made and will continue to make mistakes in our life, some big ones, others small. let not talk a 9 yo, even adults make major blunders in life too.

coldman said:
a little girl can go almost around singapore without an ezlink card..... :think:

now the stations in question had recordings of her movements. an improvement over the past when the cameras were for surveillance only.

coldman said:

You probably meant SBS Transit. She took the North-east line.

What bothers me is that if a similar incident happens to someone else - will people take it lightly and think its another case of crying wolf again? :think:

reachme2003 said:
we made and will continue to make mistakes in our life, some big ones, others small. let not talk a 9 yo, even adults make major blunders in life too.
ah, but a 9 yr old is impressionable and at a stage in their life where their developement is important.

children at this age need to learn the right values in order to have the right tools so as not to make bigger mistakes as adults.

it's not about whether a 9 yr old or an adult is entitled to make mistakes. it's about learning from the mistakes.

obviousdude said:
ah, but a 9 yr old is impressionable and at a stage in their life where their developement is important.

children at this age need to learn the right values in order to have the right tools so as not to make bigger mistakes as adults.

it's not about whether a 9 yr old or an adult is entitled to make mistakes. it's about learning from the mistakes.

making mistakes in life is part of life. no entitlement required.

whether one learns from mistakes made will depend on individuals.

that's the thing I"m trying to touch on. it appears from the media coverage that the learning from her mistake part was not enforced nor did she appear to learn from her mistake. I agree its a mistake and can't be helped but one should at least recognise that and learn from it, or rather the mother should at least drum it into her that its a very very wrong thing she did, but it appears from the girl's remark that she didnt' learn at all? I wonder if when they shift to UK (if I rem correctly) where pple won't recognise the girl, would she pull the same stunt again and run off?

hoppinghippo said:
that's the thing I"m trying to touch on. it appears from the media coverage that the learning from her mistake part was not enforced nor did she appear to learn from her mistake. I agree its a mistake and can't be helped but one should at least recognise that and learn from it, or rather the mother should at least drum it into her that its a very very wrong thing she did, but it appears from the girl's remark that she didnt' learn at all? I wonder if when they shift to UK (if I rem correctly) where pple won't recognise the girl, would she pull the same stunt again and run off?

we cannot make judgement based solely on what the media reports on. usually, a lot of stuff are not reported for whatever reasons. any lesson/s to be learnt may be dished out by the family and/or the police. even if it is not reported on or about does not mean it did not take place.

reachme2003 said:
we cannot make judgement based solely on what the media reports on. usually, a lot of stuff are not reported for whatever reasons. any lesson/s to be learnt may be dished out by the family and/or the police. even if it is not reported on or about does not mean it did not take place.

That's a good point. I agree with you. I really hope the police and her mum really do teach her properly once the hoo-haa fades away!

Status
Not open for further replies.