Was it wrong to comment in CS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earthfromabove

Oct 23, 2008
Recently I posted a reply in one of a post a SNr Member started in CAnon discussion forum in CS. Was asking for some enquiry whatever its a conflict of interest in that TS was diverting ppl to another forum site. Got a personal PM from TS explaining that thread was started some time a few years back and it was recently resurface. inside the PM, requesting me to remove my post as it might cause misunderstanding.

next moment, that thread was closed.

My question again
1) if its a few years back thread, why still reuse it?
2) why pm and explain to me wherelse can do in openly?
3) does Mod in CS allow cross forum posting (divert ppl to other forum)?
4) can a SNR MEMBER have the right to ask someone to remove what he post? shouldn't that be the duty of the mods?

PS: inside the post there is no "bad words, framing nor illegal activities"

So what's the issue here ?

My question again
1) if its a few years back thread, why still reuse it?
2) why pm and explain to me wherelse can do in openly?
3) does Mod in CS allow cross forum posting (divert ppl to other forum)?
4) can a SNR MEMBER have the right to ask someone to remove what he post? shouldn't that be the duty of the mods?

PS: inside the post there is no "bad words, framing nor illegal activities"

So what's the issue here ?
Firstly, there is no need to register and post under another nick to discuss "issues". ;)

To answer your questions -
1) Because the TS did not close the thread and even though it had "died", someone must have post in it and cause it to bubble up to the top again.
2) Don't know - best answered by TS
3) We have a live-and-let-live gentlemen's unspoken agreement - as long as the activity is deemed by us to be non-threatening (and the definition of non-threatening is very subjective in which the Mods/Admins will have an internal discussion before action is taken), we will allow for some leeway in other sites/forums advertising in ClubSNAP.
4) A Senior Member (and I believe you are also referring to the TS in this regard) can advise another member to remove his/her posts as it may not be in the best interest or in the direction that the TS wants the thread to divert (go OT). In which case, he can politely ask the member to remove, failing which, a post report is issued and a Mod will remove on behalf. There is no harm in approaching the member first, in fact, its probably a polite move on the TS behalf.

So ... to sum up ... there is no issue here ... now let's discuss why you have two userids in ClubSNAP.

Firstly, there is no need to register and post under another nick to discuss "issues". ;)

To answer your questions -
1) Because the TS did not close the thread and even though it had "died", someone must have post in it and cause it to bubble up to the top again.
2) Don't know - best answered by TS
3) We have a live-and-let-live gentlemen's unspoken agreement - as long as the activity is deemed by us to be non-threatening (and the definition of non-threatening is very subjective in which the Mods/Admins will have an internal discussion before action is taken), we will allow for some leeway in other sites/forums advertising in ClubSNAP.
4) A Senior Member (and I believe you are also referring to the TS in this regard) can advise another member to remove his/her posts as it may not be in the best interest or in the direction that the TS wants the thread to divert (go OT). In which case, he can politely ask the member to remove, failing which, a post report is issued and a Mod will remove on behalf. There is no harm in approaching the member first, in fact, its probably a polite move on the TS behalf.

So ... to sum up ... there is no issue here ... now let's discuss why you have two userids in ClubSNAP.

Cool since darren had answer my enquiry it will not be anymore question to me. As for your enquiry on why 2 account? This is more of a person question. maybe you would like to PM me again ... :bsmilie: joke aside. I'm not sure how you did your investigation or PIing everyone here, if holding 2 account is wrong then i will take a look to see if there is one more hidden somewhere out there or i might lost account password access to the other ID. If thats the case and strongly goes against CS rules. I will remove either 1 personaly. But so far I believe me still a good boy here (following the rules set in CS). :lovegrin:

Thanks for the update. Thread close as question answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.