Was I bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benign

Jan 30, 2004
Melbourne
gallery127599.fotopic.net
Something happened to me while doing my regular 7.2km walk in the park today. Coz there is a lake within the park, I decided to bring a loaf of bread to feed the water fowls there.

While feeding those birds, I met an Italian lady chatted about the unusual parrots(Black Cockato) now lived in the park vicinity. And no qualm with me feeding those ducks that was in a feeding frenzy.

After she left, a very old couple with British accent came by and shouting and lecturing me about not to feed those ducks....then show me a sign at another place stated no duck feeding....I dunno what happened from then. They started criticising me destroying the natural habitats by feeding those water fowls and the food scraps attracts rats....and so on.

Finally, I fed up and said: Sir, what enviroment are you talking about? With your age, another few good years......you will be dead. Why make so much fuss about it? Take it easy please.

And I walked off. :sweat:

One of those days,
:devil:

Yes, it is very impolite of you to say that. Next time you see them you should apologise. Definitely more than 2 cents worth here.

well... i would say their non stop nagging is a bit over the top...

but e response about them having a few more yrs ain't that good either... :(

Benign said:
Something happened to me while doing my regular 7.2km walk in the park today. Coz there is a lake within the park, I decided to bring a loaf of bread to feed the water fowls there.

While feeding those birds, I met an Italian lady chatted about the unusual parrots(Black Cockato) now lived in the park vicinity. And no qualm with me feeding those ducks that was in a feeding frenzy.

After she left, a very old couple with British accent came by and shouting and lecturing me about not to feed those ducks....then show me a sign at another place stated no duck feeding....I dunno what happened from then. They started criticising me destroying the natural habitats by feeding those water fowls and the food scraps attracts rats....and so on.

Finally, I fed up and said: Sir, what enviroment are you talking about? With your age, another few good years......you will be dead. Why make so much fuss about it? Take it easy please.

One of those days,

You're a selfish immature dope.

The sign is not there without good reason. The rats will eat the young ducklings and even the eggs before they are hatched. In your ignorance you do so much damage.

And yet you wish the oldies such ill.

Karma will get you.

You're a selfish immature dope.

The sign is not there without good reason. The rats will eat the young ducklings and even the eggs before they are hatched.

And yet you wish the oldies such ill.

Karma will get you.

Aiyaa, the sign weren't there when I fed the ducks years back lah. Try having someone you dunno blasted you for 'eternity' and as though u are the worst person on earth.

Somemore the Italian lady said nothing about not to feed those ducks.

I think it is rude to talk to an old couple like that. I know that you must said it at the spur of the moment. They were a bit too much for nagging at you. But the sign are there for a reason. I know how you feel. I too feed the ducks and seagulls when I am in Australia. It's just tempting to get close to them.

Benign said:
Aiyaa, the sign weren't there when I fed the ducks years back lah. Try having someone you dunno blasted you for 'eternity' and as though u are the worst person on earth.

Somemore the Italian lady said nothing about not to feed those ducks.

And the reason why the council finally placed a sign there is precisely because of people like you.

The Italian is just as ignorant. :rolleyes:

jbma said:
I too feed the ducks and seagulls when I am in Australia. It's just tempting to get close to them.

You too are a dope

I think it is rude to talk to an old couple like that. I know that you must said it at the spur of the moment. They were a bit too much for nagging at you. But the sign are there for a reason. I know how you feel. I too feed the ducks and seagulls when I am in Australia. It's just tempting to get close to them.

If you people ever try feeding birds in a frenzy. Then you know what I meant. There is an adrenaline rush.........

U guys come to Melbourne, I take you to Mt Dandenong feeding those parrots that stand on top of your head, shoulders arms ....like being surrounded by alot of fans. :cool:

In a sea of colors....

Benign said:

One of those days,

If you are doing it Singapore , nobody will give a damn , COZ everybody so busy with their own biz. However , in countries like New Zealand and Australia, people there prize their enviornment with much pride. The old couple did the right thing by letting you know, however from your description, the approach may be a little bit offensive.Even though the case, your reply is kinda aggressive too. Do remember that we'll all grow old someday and I really do hope you will not have that kind of reply said to you in your later years.Anyway, should the couple kept quiet, in a few years time, you'll be feeding the rats instead of any water fowls.

Benign said:
If you people ever try feeding birds in a frenzy. Then you know what I meant. There is an adrenaline rush.........

Precisely why you are selfish

If you are doing it Singapore , nobody will give a damn , COZ everybody so busy with their own biz. However , in countries like New Zealand and Australia, people there prize their enviornment with much pride. The old couple did the right thing by letting you know, however from your description, the approach may be a little bit offensive.Even though the case, your reply is kinda aggressive too. Do remember that we'll all grow old someday and I really do hope you will not have that kind of reply said to you in your later years.Anyway, should the couple kept quiet, in a few years time, you'll be feeding the rats instead of any water fowls

Strange isn't it? I meant you got alot of food left in the pantry. and the proper thing to do is dump it in the bin. Despite the fact is the joy of seeing those birds getting fed?

I know I wasn't doing the right thing. But the fact is some people like to play sheriff so much. Like taking the laws into their own hands.

I know I will get old one day. If I was told the same way I said to the old couple. But I will evaluate the situation ....whether I went too far in giving lectures.

I guess I can live with it...being called 'BAD'

Benign said:
Strange isn't it? I meant you got alot of food left in the pantry. and the proper thing to do is dump it in the bin. Despite the fact is the joy of seeing those birds getting fed?

I know I wasn't doing the right thing. But the fact is some people like to play sheriff so much. Like taking the laws into their own hands.

I know I will get old one day. If I was told the same way I said to the old couple. But I will evaluate the situation ....whether I went too far in giving lectures.

till that time den say lor... nobody knows whats going to happen in the future...

anyway did the old folks trigger your 'sweet' spot? cos i know when some buggers went to trigger mine, i'll sure let them see a super sharp picture i going to paint to them... thats me... ;)

Benign said:
Something happened to me while doing my regular 7.2km walk ........
One of those days,
Hiee...

You should have walked more and complete 8Km.....and this incident might not have happened....:sweat:

rgds,
sulhan

jbma said:
And you are an idiot for judging people.

Pardon me for speaking the truth. :eek:

Feeding seagulls(!) and ducks is not as innocent an activity as you and your friend like to think it is. Only ignorant dopes do it and then wonder out loud what's wrong with doing it.

kahheng said:
You too are a dope
And you are the judge? Stop calling people names will ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.