Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftdragon

May 30, 2003
Visit site
Hi,

I am wondering if any of you know if I am able to get International Warranty when I buy a camera from Cathay or Alan Photo. Cos a friend of mine is going to Singapore to get a camera and he stays in Australia. Would the warranty be vaild and can he send the camera to a service centre in Australia in case anything happens?

Your advise please. Thanks

International warranty does not mean your friend will get the service in Australia, despite the name "international".

So does anyone have any other comments? My basic question now would be "After buying the camera in Singapore, will I be able to send it to Aust service centre if I need something looked at during the warranty period?"

swiftdragon said:
So does anyone have any other comments? My basic question now would be "After buying the camera in Singapore, will I be able to send it to Aust service centre if I need something looked at during the warranty period?"

Which Camera? It also depends on whether is there any service center in Australia or not.

swiftdragon said:

After buying the camera in Singapore, you and your friend can send it to Aust service centre, but it will not be free. They most likely will impose a service charge.

Your friend should call up the aust service centre to check their standing on international warranty.

In the meantime, does anyone know if Alan or CP sells with International warranty or is it just for Singapore warranty.

I tot Ap usually keeps the warranty card, that's what happens when I bought a camera from them long time back.

Status
Not open for further replies.