warranty without recipt

Status
Not open for further replies.
NSC will check the serial number on the item and start the clock from when they ship to the distributor... i.e. shops. You lose a couple of weeks to a month sometimes I think.

However, if the serial number is not on the SG database, means grey market set or sets bought overseas (For bodies only), then there is no warranty. Lens have international warranty, but I dont think the serial number is in, so could be treated as no warranty if there's no receipt.... not too sure about the last one. You might wanna call up and inquire ?

Cheers.

It's "receipt", not "recipe".

darn i need to know also lost my recipe

Which recipe is it? I can find it for you from my mother's cookbook.

Yeah it's based on when the item was shipped (Serial No.)

Last edited:
NSC will check the serial number on the item and start the clock from when they ship to the distributor... i.e. shops. You lose a couple of weeks to a month sometimes I think.

Not true. You can lose as long as 8-9 mths if the camera stays that long in that shop. This means that your 4-5 mths old camera can be out of warranty without receipt. From my personal experience. :)

for me, i find it DAMN disturbing when sellers kept saying.. unfilled / unregistered warranty...

can claim full 12 months warranty... seriously they are so naive to think the trick will work, i'm sure manufacturers are not that stupid.. they need the offical receipt to verify..

for me, i find it DAMN disturbing when sellers kept saying.. unfilled / unregistered warranty...

can claim full 12 months warranty... seriously they are so naive to think the trick will work, i'm sure manufacturers are not that stupid.. they need the offical receipt to verify..

Agree. Really need to create awareness so that new buyers will not get conned.

Agree. Really need to create awareness so that new buyers will not get conned.

for this, i created a thread in canon section, but damn no clubsnappers dare to reply me... :bsmilie:

for me, if i buy 2nd hand items.. i INSIST on the receipt, if not i will tell the bugger to fly kite..

no receipt = warranty claim issues, or even no warranty :angry:

Not true. You can lose as long as 8-9 mths if the camera stays that long in that shop. This means that your 4-5 mths old camera can be out of warranty without receipt. From my personal experience. :)

can anyone highlight this to all the sellers in BnS... seriously, there are really noobie buyers who fell for this...

As above, I find it bemusing when there are clubsnappers who are happily shooting that camera bought in March 08, but warranty is unregistered.. can claim FULL warranty 12+3 mths from time of registration (say at a later date of Oct 08)

For the benefits of all clubsnappers, this is NOT true... Canon will need the official receipt to validate your warranty claim issues.. If you do not have the receipt, what Canon would do is to run a check of the manufacturing date against ur equipment serial number...

For example, if your equipment eos450D was manufactured in March 08, but you happened to purchase it only in May 08.. In the instance you do not have the official receipt to back up your proof of purchase, the warranty would be deemed to have commenced in March 08, ending you lose 2 months warranty..

In short, in BnS if you need warranty claims, please INSIST on official / original receipt.. Please dun be so naive into believing that a camera bought in Mar 08, unregistered can be registered at a later date i.e. Oct 08 to claim the full 12+3mths warranty...

This will not work!!!!

Last edited:
yup a lot of naive pple in this forum
it doesnt work without a reciept

threads merged and moved to a more appropriate sub-forum.

strictly speaking, this has nothing to do with canon/nikon/watever brand.

Unfilled warranty != warranty period.

If you look at the B&S forum, even for unfilled warranty items will still have the warranty period counted down and this will need to be reflected to the buyers in the advert.

I think the portion on filling up the warranty is really up to the owner. Since they'd bought it, it's really up to them to fill it up or do it online, or even nothing at all. Some will like to have their names on it, some just couldn't care less.

As above, I find it bemusing when there are clubsnappers who are happily shooting that camera bought in March 08, but warranty is unregistered.. can claim FULL warranty 12+3 mths from time of registration (say at a later date of Oct 08)

For the benefits of all clubsnappers, this is NOT true... Canon will need the official receipt to validate your warranty claim issues.. If you do not have the receipt, what Canon would do is to run a check of the manufacturing date against ur equipment serial number...

For example, if your equipment eos450D was manufactured in March 08, but you happened to purchase it only in May 08.. In the instance you do not have the official receipt to back up your proof of purchase, the warranty would be deemed to have commenced in March 08, ending you lose 2 months warranty..

In short, in BnS if you need warranty claims, please INSIST on official / original receipt.. Please dun be so naive into believing that a camera bought in Mar 08, unregistered can be registered at a later date i.e. Oct 08 to claim the full 12+3mths warranty...

This will not work!!!!

is this piece of info in a sticky where all are made aware of?

seems like a sticky in both nikon and canon section. ;)

Err, what if the camera is a present or prize win from a competition? Usually in this case, there's no receipt right? Any idea how Canon looks into this matter?

Err, what if the camera is a present or prize win from a competition? Usually in this case, there's no receipt right? Any idea how Canon looks into this matter?

no idea, hence i am very SKEPTICAL about people saying its a present and etc... for me, i won't go for such cameras....

say, i buy the camera in Jan 08, i did not register the warranty... 10 months later, i decide to sell and use the word the camera is a present :bsmilie:

Perhaps labelling newbies' or anyone else as naive is inappropriate. Let's just say they were not educated/advised on it.

That is why people who support this thread will receive blessings from whatever God you believe in. :thumbsup:

no idea, hence i am very SKEPTICAL about people saying its a present and etc... for me, i won't go for such cameras....

say, i buy the camera in Jan 08, i did not register the warranty... 10 months later, i decide to sell and use the word the camera is a present :bsmilie:

Err... I checked with Sony... no need receipt leh...

As for prize set... I'm sure the only way to verify is the shutter count which should be zero count... and the Sony tag that is tied to the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.