Warranty Issues

Terence Ho

Jan 4, 2012
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Previously I brought a Canon 550D 2nd hand with unfilled warranty. It's 2 years from the date of purchase, but I have not register the warranty yet. I was worried about the warranty will it forfeit?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Check carefully...is it issued by canon singapore? If I don't recall wrongly, local sets only come with 1 yr warranty. China and Hong Kong sets come with 2 years...

Warranty starts from the day you purchase your camera from the authorized dealer. Whether you fill up your warranty or not, it doesn't matter. And yes, they have the ability to check if your warranty is valid just from the serial number of your camera. And no, your camera is currently not under warranty anymore.

Local set warranty only 12+3 mths online warranty...whether registered,unfilled or whatsoever.& warranty have to abide by the day as shown in your receipt.Cheers!

Can someone advise if I have to register the kit lens for warranty too?

I registered the new camera but not sure if the lens has to be separately regsitered. I actually cannot find anything on Olympus website to register my lens.

thanks.

I registered the new camera but not sure if the lens has to be separately regsitered. I actually cannot find anything on Olympus website to register my lens.

thanks.

I'm not sure for Olympus, but I would suppose so. Anyway, please start your own thread and don't just anyhow hijack.

piyopico said:

thanks.

For Canon, yes, the kit lens is registered separately. The body could have warranty extended for a fee, but not the lens. I registered online in Canon Digitalab at Harboutfront, out of convenience, when I bought it & went there to collect the Crumpler bag. There were 2 terminals set up there for this :)