Warranty and servicing for Pentax?

yappiez

Nov 13, 2007
Any experts would like to share about the above?

I read that Nikon/ Canon has servicing center in Singapore and I think they are able to do some repairs or setting help if need to. Maybe a few hours, maybe on the spot or a few days...

Is there a service/support center like this for Pentax in Singapore?

I cant imagine if I end up with a faulty camera in 2 months and have to wait another 2 months for it to be sent away for repairs only to discover it is a minor 30min job....

I am asking because I am poison by the K-5 virus. Just want to consider this before I decide.
I probably will stick to this camera for at least 3 yrs.. I am worried about unnecesary downtime and possible poor resale value due to lack of support.......

Any experts would like to share about the above?

I read that Nikon/ Canon has servicing center in Singapore and I think they are able to do some repairs or setting help if need to. Maybe a few hours, maybe on the spot or a few days...

Is there a service/support center like this for Pentax in Singapore?

I cant imagine if I end up with a faulty camera in 2 months and have to wait another 2 months for it to be sent away for repairs only to discover it is a minor 30min job....

I am asking because I am poison by the K-5 virus. Just want to consider this before I decide.
I probably will stick to this camera for at least 3 yrs.. I am worried about unnecesary downtime and possible poor resale value due to lack of support.......

For service and repair enquiries of your electronic equipment, contact the Emjay Customer Care department:
Emjay Enterprises Customer Care Centre
111, North Bridge Road
#02-62A, Peninsula Plaza
Singapore 179098
Telephone: +65 6338 6313
Fax: +65 6338 4709
Email: service@emjay.com.sg
Operating Hours: Monday to Fridays; 11.00 AM to 2.00 PM, 3.00 PM to 6.00PM

Source: http://www.emjay.com.sg/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=56

Just look for Kelvin if you have a problem. friendly guy, knows his stuff... minor issues, of course he'll try to settle for you ASAP.

major issues that requires stuff to be sent overseas, he'll be up-front with you also.

i've never had to send my camera in before though...

imo, u worry too much. just get the camera u like and spend more time shooting :bsmilie:

Last edited: