Warning: Rip-Off At Peoples's Park!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wah, this one really chop carrot head.

Wah lau.. so much !? Kaoz!! 1100 can buy EOS30 already!

This is indeed unfortunate but I believe one should do a fair bit of homework before making a purchase in order to avoid such unhappy incident. I'm not saying that the shop is right though.

Originally posted by Kit
This is indeed unfortunate but I believe one should do a fair bit of homework before making a purchase in order to avoid such unhappy incident. I'm not saying that the shop is right though.
True. But that's not something you can expect from everybody. For one, not everybody has internet access and/or access to forums like this. :)

Being chopped by such a huge markup is way too much. I think the guy should complain to the shop and ask for refund. If cannot, either approach CASE or perhaps the police for assistance.

:Later,

He could complain to Olympus too and maybe Olympus will strike the shop off their list of authorised retailers.

This is common practice among these shops, and many along Orchard road and Scotts. Typical tourist traps. This guy's uncle is either very rich or very foolish if he's spent $1100 without doing his homework (i.e., asking friends, looking around at other shops, etc).

Hmm actually in this day and age I believe it is possible to use public pressure to get the shop to refund the difference.

Option 1 - Diplomatic
If you give the shop a way out by saying that they made a mistake and that you've checked up with olympus and so forth...

Option 2 - StrongArm Tactics
if they start to get rude, then resort to CASE, complain etc etc.

of course many may want to start of with option 2.

My stand in these kinda things is to alert the Authorities.....if those Ah Bengs dare to do this kinda things, they're prepared for this kinda situation also...go complain to them no use one...unless u like to get humiliated a 2nd time. I'll choose option #2.

Basically you can try filing a complain with the Small Claims Tribunal and let the judge decide. It's possible that the judge will decide in favour of the consumer.

I think complaining to CASE is pretty useless because they can't do anything. All they can do is perhaps blacklist the shop. But honestly, who ever scrutinize through this list?

Regards,
JK

Originally posted by tanjk
Basically you can try filing a complain with the Small Claims Tribunal and let the judge decide. It's possible that the judge will decide in favour of the consumer.

I think complaining to CASE is pretty useless because they can't do anything. All they can do is perhaps blacklist the shop. But honestly, who ever scrutinize through this list?

Regards,
JK

Agree....just make sure that those bozos have a hard time.....;(

Status
Not open for further replies.