Warning : not for the weak hearts. Strange lights in my shots!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wai

Jan 17, 2002
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
All these photo are real, i only did resizing and cropping that's all.

It was 12am exactly, I saw today moon quite nice, cos the moon was very low and just above the building, so i went to a deserted car park (the top floor of multi-storey car park at Bishan interchange) to take some photo...

moon.jpg

anything strange with today moon??
F8, 1/30s, 0EV, ISO 100

moon-1.jpg

nice? the moon was just above the building when i took the first photo
F2.4, 3s, 0EV, ISO 100

moon-2.jpg

I noticed that the moon raise very quickly, my 2nd photo was less than a minute later, the moon already above the building. Look...can u see something on the roof-top of the building?? there is a white spot!! i didn't notice any strange light when i took this pic...i only notice it when i reached home to do editing!! It was quite late already, all the shops and offices already closed.
F2.4, 7s, 0EV, ISO 100

moon-green.jpg

I took abt 20 shots today, but the last two photos...suddenly there is this bright green light there!! I didn't notice any green light when i took the photo...
F2.3, 5s, 0EV, ISO 100

moon-green-2.jpg
Look at the next shot, seems that the green light is moving?? I was quite horrified when i see the white spot on the roof again!! what does this white spot look like?? i dun dare to think abt it....it look like another moon? a head or something?? all other shots dun have this green or white light...except these few...
F2.3, 3s, -0.7EV, ISO 100

Suddenly...i notice a gal in white with long hair (this is real ok!!) actually sitting at the end of the carpark, touching her hair (this is real too!!!). i was quite shocked cos there wasn't a single car in the car park, and i remember that there was no one in the car park when i went in. At first, i tot it is really someone there...so i took a few pic of it...but later...i feel something is wrong...quickly delete that pic and ran home.

whaha next time try a new shop to do your flim and dev photo . maybe the chemcial is mix unevenly or some kind . just an idea . go measure the distance of the light from the egde of the photo . and conpare , are there at the same angle ..

never the less is an interesting photo

Originally posted by lucifer
whaha next time try a new shop to do your flim and dev photo . maybe the chemcial is mix unevenly or some kind . just an idea . go measure the distance of the light from the egde of the photo . and conpare , are there at the same angle ..

never the less is an interesting photo

picture taken with Sony DSC-F707, not a film camera

wha wai
$#%$# i saw ur post at 5am.

the white light u mentioned looks more like green
like the same colour as the shining object..

the shining object really looks scary.

the "white" light you mentioned is shining or maybe relfecting at the bishan CC.

the white light SEEMS not to be shining on the building
but a relfection off your lens. therefore... it may be coming from an external source. i notice that the lights in the car park are green too.. the last 2 pictures. a greenish tint. becos the light of the car park becon is almost the same as the strange light...what colours were the actual light of the becon? orange?

could you give us the exposure settings for each photo? do they differ from each photo?

nevertheless the bright green shining light is terribly haunting.

im noticing the positions of the shots you take, as it may affect the reflections coming from another light source. the last two pictures are very close to each other but you moved.

you hand held your camera or tripod?

for the last 2 pictures. given the estimation of the amount you moved and the position of the green light and the moon. the movement of both objects appear to be syncronised, moving at the same time.

Looks like a flare (not me lah~ I don't fly, I mean lens flare!) to me ley.... Even the colour looks like its due to the coating of the lens......

Go Go Go~ All go ghost hunting!!!!!!!!!!

WARNING WARNING......aliens haf landed on our planet....maybe it's ET!!!......the aliens haf come to destroy one of our skyscrapers!!!! (a stong follower of OSAMA) arhhhhhhh......:devil:

hhahahaa:bsmilie:

I have just updated with the settings that i used.

Hopefully those lights are reflection or lens flare. But stange leh, only 2 of the shots have this flare, i took so many pic with similar setting but only these 2 have?

anyone want to go bishan to re-take the pic?

the lighting in the car park is white..i also duno why i become greenish

i didn't use tripod, but use my back pack as a sand bag, and took my pic on it.

for the last two pic...i didn't move, i was sitting on the floor with my camera on my back pack...but why the green light is moving.....and none of the shot have this green light except the last two pic

There are two antenna on top of the building behind. but those antenna dun give out light. look at the 3rd pic, the green light is so high and there is no antenna around.

you have a filter on ? that'a prob some light bouncing inside your lens.

who stays in Bishan ar? i remember one of us here stays in bishan also rite??

why not we go Bishan interchange together one day? I already have a stange feeling on my way up the car park already...cos there were lots of broken windows...and graffiti everywhere....

anyone want to take those pic of graffiti? very big and colourful one

haha..u took so many shots of my block :D

i went to the top carpark b4 but nvr went there @ nite. the staircase abit eerie, even on daylight, the staircase is still quite dark

Originally posted by jamelaw
haha..u took so many shots of my block :D

i went to the top carpark b4 but nvr went there @ nite. the staircase abit eerie, even on daylight, the staircase is still quite dark

hey...why not we go there on day to take photo of those graffiti and try to find out where the light come from?

which is your flat in your photo??

Originally posted by kamwai
moon-green-3.jpg

There were no green light in this shot....that's strange....
F2.3, 4s, 0EV, ISO 100

And I tot I see a green light right on e lower left hand side?

Originally posted by kamwai
All these photo are real, i only did resizing and cropping that's all.

moon-2.jpg

I noticed that the moon raise very quickly, my 2nd photo was less than a minute later, the moon already above the building. Look...can u see something on the roof-top of the building?? there is a white spot!! i didn't notice any strange light when i took this pic...i only notice it when i reached home to do editing!! It was quite late already, all the shops and offices already closed.
F2.4, 7s, 0EV, ISO 100

In this pic, there is a slight greenish spot on the roof of the center building!

And on the second one, there is oso a very slight spot too!

Look to mi that it is flare but a bit strange tho that flare have only one! and it not at the same place....???

Hi

Its lens flare. Speaking from experience

Most digicams do not allow "direct" through the lens viewing so you cannot see the actual picture until after taking it.

Suggest you remove any filters on the lens next time when shooting against any bright point light sources.

Remmember, the moon is reflecting sunlight from the sun!

cheers!

Originally posted by k4x

And I tot I see a green light right on e lower left hand side?

that one is real light, i appear yellow to me leh....there is a yellow light actually at the corner of the lower building

notice that the light exist in all the photo??

but unlike the bright green light at the top left hand corner....i dun think it is a lens flare cos it is so bright, and it is moving also! futhermore, it only exists on the last 2 out of my 20+ photo

anyway, i may be going to the car park again tonite...anyone want to join me?

Status
Not open for further replies.