Warning : Beware of couples who pays only a small deposit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 3, 2004
Kena 2nd case liao. Couple booked quite long ago....14 months....and during meetup act blur and said they only had $50 cash. But both looked happy and wanna book on the spot......so you also happy since got biz, gan cheong accept it liao. I mean for photographers we always try to maintain good r/s and PR mah. I always tell my clients that it is a 2-way r/s, i trust them etc......

Now just a few days from the big day, call up couple and they said decided not to engage you. The worst thing is that it is a hot date so you have rejected many others. And also took leave for that day!

Some people really really buay steady nowadays. Integrity? It is not even worth a few hundred bucks (its just a simple job, shoot and return DVD) to some Singaporeans! ;( And get married in a BIG hotel for what man? Economy must be really bad?

Actually I don't mind cancellations, but basket if my photography style or pricings buay gum and want to jump ship make an effort to tell mah. Like if I am going for ICT I will continue to assist getting another PG etc....

Next time must bring them to the ATM machine and meetup only at places with ATMs. :angel: Think also need to up the deposit.

just think ppl pay u $$$ to sit and sleep at home can liao.

Think on the bright side bro..at least u got some cash..some couples don't even wanna place deposit..

Must collect more $$$ for the deposit so that couples will be committed to the deal. If they don't wanna pay, tell them in that case you cannot confirm their service and will let them know if you are available can shoot their wedding a day or two before the big event. :bsmilie:

the best way to deal is see open!!!
看开!!!

Always like that every day, the world is taking a turn for the worse for every business with the silly idea that the customer is always right. Add on the fact that people manipulate consumers' rights on whims, etc and you get problems like this one where trust is freely given and not reciprocated.

We all need contracts, but with all these silly "quicker ways of communication" there is nothing on paper to even prove that they had made "a promise" to engage you. I've encountered it before. Is it ethical for a customer to engage 8 or 9 middlemen to handle a deal and then dump all of them in the end after they have worked their ass off?

No. But they do it anyways, and there's nothing that you can do about it.

Kena 2nd case liao. Couple booked quite long ago....14 months....and during meetup act blur and said they only had $50 cash. But both looked happy and wanna book on the spot......so you also happy since got biz, gan cheong accept it liao. I mean for photographers we always try to maintain good r/s and PR mah. I always tell my clients that it is a 2-way r/s, i trust them etc......

Now just a few days from the big day, call up couple and they said decided not to engage you. The worst thing is that it is a hot date so you have rejected many others. And also took leave for that day!

Some people really really buay steady nowadays. Integrity? It is not even worth a few hundred bucks (its just a simple job, shoot and return DVD) to some Singaporeans! ;( And get married in a BIG hotel for what man? Economy must be really bad?

Actually I don't mind cancellations, but basket if my photography style or pricings buay gum and want to jump ship make an effort to tell mah. Like if I am going for ICT I will continue to assist getting another PG etc....

Next time must bring them to the ATM machine and meetup only at places with ATMs. :angel: Think also need to up the deposit.

So we should UP the deposit.... :cool:

:bsmilie: Maybe should have a legal contract and make them sign....

Singaporean.... must sign lah.... last minute cancel, pay penalty lor... ;p
So we should UP the deposit.... :cool:

It's always good to have a cancellation fee clause in the contract the couple signs.

Normally, $50 dun even constitute as a deposit. Juz tell them that a deposit of $xxx is required and they have to pay that amount for reservation. You should refuse the $50 too.

Normally I expect 50% deposit from all my wedding assignment.

to compromise is at least 30%

Can you imagine their 50 buck deposit, you push away 10 other couple who is having wedding in the same day....

But I find sincere couple they will not mind about the 50% deposit.

I know some collect all b4 weddings.

For wedding day photographer, the usual practice is collect 20% of the package price as deposit.

The bigger amount you collect from your customer as deposit, it will be better for you and your customer.

beside deposit, also the balance payment, most wedding vendors, eg food caterer, florist, practice settle balance payment on COD or before delivery.

Wedding day photographers is also able to do this way, and I know lots of them collect full payment before their couple's wedding day.

FYI, wedding couples sign up with bridal package from any bridal ship, deposit is around $500, partial payment when confirm their gown, another payment before the studio shoot, by this time, couple has already pay up 80% of the package, the couple has to settle total bill before they can collect their wedding portrait album.

when the collect their wedding gown, have to pay deposit for the gown if they are not buying it.

So you still shoot for free, don't need to collect deposit right???!!

he no more shoot for free i think. He's the poll king, and king never do for free.

Yeah, no more Mr Nice Guy.

Problem is that there are some couples who book quite early, ya know I already have 2 queries for 8 Aug 08 (this one play waiting game since i whack $200 surcharge. :devil: ). So to collect like 50% is like a bit difficult, especially since I believe most do not have a shopfront and the psychological trust isn't there.

But now thinking back its just my fault to be too trusting. Next time die die must accompany them to the ATM, as anyway nowadays I only meet at one place and there is OUB and POSB ATMs.

But generally 95% of the couples still nice lar, and 5% really super nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.