Warning : Beware of couples who pays only a small deposit

Status
Not open for further replies.
what if couple pay 50% and 2-3 months after their Ad wedding dont bother to collect album? Or even make excuses not to take album? :bsmilie: Ha... Anything can happen... Should practise collect full payment before shoot I guess...:dunno:

what if couple pay 50% and 2-3 months after their Ad wedding dont bother to collect album? Or even make excuses not to take album? :bsmilie: Ha... Anything can happen... Should practise collect full payment before shoot I guess...:dunno:
hear of photographer encounter the couple brake off just after their wedding, so no one want to come and take the album, so no money being collected.

My story gone like that.... one and a half year ago, Feb 06.

Friend of my friend ask to have their wedding video and make to a DVD, price was fix and agree on. I was ask to have a short video clip for the dinner guest to see (I say I will try), but sad thing is that my PC give me problem on that day and I can't make the video. The couple was not very happy saying guest have nothing to see. (This is my fault :nono: )

After 2 week, I have provide them 3 DVDs video (which they wanted some changes) and till now they still have not pay me money. :(

Reason given was they have transfer the money to my friend bank (which my friend say that they did not) when we ask them, they say they have transfer to a wrong account. They want to check with the bank then get back to us.

After month and month of waiting and calling the answer is still checking. Now worst when we call her, she didn't pick up. Then number also change.

If they are not happy with the service I can give discount but not like this :nono:

50% on confirmation of booking.

30% on actual day

20% on collection

--

That way... even if they don't collect. I am sure you have a certain amount of profit.

Or better still, 50% before, 50% on actual day. If they don't trust you to deliver, then they shouldn't be trusting you with their big day either. Heh.

For wedding day photographer, the usual practice is collect 20% of the package price as deposit.

The bigger amount you collect from your customer as deposit, it will be better for you and your customer.

beside deposit, also the balance payment, most wedding vendors, eg food caterer, florist, practice settle balance payment on COD or before delivery.

Wedding day photographers is also able to do this way, and I know lots of them collect full payment before their couple's wedding day.

FYI, wedding couples sign up with bridal package from any bridal ship, deposit is around $500, partial payment when confirm their gown, another payment before the studio shoot, by this time, couple has already pay up 80% of the package, the couple has to settle total bill before they can collect their wedding portrait album.

when the collect their wedding gown, have to pay deposit for the gown if they are not buying it.

after a year...... divorce.

My story gone like that.... one and a half year ago, Feb 06.

Friend of my friend ask to have their wedding video and make to a DVD, price was fix and agree on. I was ask to have a short video clip for the dinner guest to see (I say I will try), but sad thing is that my PC give me problem on that day and I can't make the video. The couple was not very happy saying guest have nothing to see. (This is my fault :nono: )

After 2 week, I have provide them 3 DVDs video (which they wanted some changes) and till now they still have not pay me money. :(

Reason given was they have transfer the money to my friend bank (which my friend say that they did not) when we ask them, they say they have transfer to a wrong account. They want to check with the bank then get back to us.

After month and month of waiting and calling the answer is still checking. Now worst when we call her, she didn't pick up. Then number also change.

If they are not happy with the service I can give discount but not like this :nono:

ha.... we encountered the same kind of people. sibei sian with such kind of people.

Nowadays I practise collecting 100% when I give the DVD. Some good ones will give 50% on the AD. 100% when collecting DVD, and if the pkg is inclusive of prints I will ask them to choose and mail the CD to me, then I print and meet again to pass them back. All in all, printing for them incurs quite a big premium (I earn ~ $100). So most of them will take the pkg without prints, as I recommend my printer to them.

ha.... we encountered the same kind of people. sibei sian with such kind of people.

let's put it this way, you wasted time & effort becos u collected no money. Compared to the couple... who lost love, $$$, time, face, etc.. yours not really that serious la.. For this kind of situation, I think its ok "see open" lor... What you really want to avoid are crooks..

Shd have a "how to avoid no payment after wedding" conversation.

You must have a wedding agreement for them to sign when they want your service. All things are spelt out in the agreement.This is a legal and binding contract.

Kena 2nd case liao. Couple booked quite long ago....14 months....and during meetup act blur and said they only had $50 cash. But both looked happy and wanna book on the spot......so you also happy since got biz, gan cheong accept it liao. I mean for photographers we always try to maintain good r/s and PR mah. I always tell my clients that it is a 2-way r/s, i trust them etc......

Now just a few days from the big day, call up couple and they said decided not to engage you. The worst thing is that it is a hot date so you have rejected many others. And also took leave for that day!

Some people really really buay steady nowadays. Integrity? It is not even worth a few hundred bucks (its just a simple job, shoot and return DVD) to some Singaporeans! ;( And get married in a BIG hotel for what man? Economy must be really bad?

Actually I don't mind cancellations, but basket if my photography style or pricings buay gum and want to jump ship make an effort to tell mah. Like if I am going for ICT I will continue to assist getting another PG etc....

Next time must bring them to the ATM machine and meetup only at places with ATMs. :angel: Think also need to up the deposit.

according to " beliefs ", it is no good for a married couple to short-change any wedding related payments. Same goes for funerals.

serious, i am not joking.. called me supertitious or whatever.. it is no good for the couple relationship in the long run. No money admit no money, dun short-changed and run away.

according to " beliefs ", it is no good for a married couple to short-change any wedding related payments. Same goes for funerals.

serious, i am not joking.. called me supertitious or whatever.. it is no good for the couple relationship in the long run. No money admit no money, dun short-changed and run away.
for 2100's case, there is no short-change to him, in fact, the couple merely pay him $50 for sitting at home shake legs instead of shooting their wedding.

If you have a policy of collecting deposits, you should not budge on the amount. If the couple does not have enough money, you should tell them to pay another day via bank transfer or other means, and give him x days to do it afterwhich you will open your wedding slot for booking. The couple would feel the urge to pay the full deposit soon before their date is being 'snatched' away by other couples.

Never agree to any deposit amount, or else the purpose of paying a deposit becomes meaningless. Cheers!

i didnt know that leh. maybe you care to share some ?? :dunno:

as in the superstitious part ?

Normally, $50 dun even constitute as a deposit. Juz tell them that a deposit of $xxx is required and they have to pay that amount for reservation. You should refuse the $50 too.

Totally agree.

$50 as deposit?
care to tell how much u charge for tat particular wedding?

$50 as deposit?
care to tell how much u charge for tat particular wedding?
$800 for 10hrs, no prints just DVD return and minimal DI. If incld prints and a simple express highlights (photo) its additional $250. Info is that I just got snipered by a cheaper charging PG.....coz i recommended some VGs also, and anyway I know the AD VG. Don't they know Singapore is a small world?

Guess got stories to exchange when I shoot with the AD VG again lor.... :D

Actually don't really mind cancellations like i said.... just tell me earlier. Wah lao last min still act blur, last few days still don't contact and I need to chase.

$800 for 10hrs, no prints just DVD return and minimal DI. If incld prints and a simple express highlights (photo) its additional $250. Info is that I just got snipered by a cheaper charging PG.....coz i recommended some VGs also, and anyway I know the AD VG. Don't they know Singapore is a small world?

Guess got stories to exchange when I shoot with the AD VG again lor.... :D

Actually don't really mind cancellations like i said.... just tell me earlier. Wah lao last min still act blur, last few days still don't contact and I need to chase.
the only way to prevent it is up you deposit, nevermind lar, can take the $50 to bring your girlfriend/wife to see movie on that day.

the only way to prevent it is up you deposit, nevermind lar, can take the $50 to bring your girlfriend/wife to see movie on that day.

Yup! :angel:

Actually this year 17 Nov is quite hot, that one also cancelled but I cfm another couple within 3 weeks. 5 Jan also, that one lagi power cancelled a few days after signing only, church friend offered to take FOC! ;p
Luckily both cases got re-signups so its actually earning more, hot dates usually not a problem lar.

Always like that every day, the world is taking a turn for the worse for every business with the silly idea that the customer is always right. Add on the fact that people manipulate consumers' rights on whims, etc and you get problems like this one where trust is freely given and not reciprocated.

We all need contracts, but with all these silly "quicker ways of communication" there is nothing on paper to even prove that they had made "a promise" to engage you. I've encountered it before. Is it ethical for a customer to engage 8 or 9 middlemen to handle a deal and then dump all of them in the end after they have worked their ass off?

No. But they do it anyways, and there's nothing that you can do about it.

Actually contracts also useless...
what can you do? sue them?

Status
Not open for further replies.