Warm or Cool Colour for Photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eosdigital

Feb 11, 2008
Hi,when you edit photos,do u prefer a bluish tinge or a warm(original) tinge to the photo?
For example,if i shoot a photo of a wall with warm lightings,is it better for the wall to have a bluish whitish(cool) colour or to stay with the original warm-ish colour.

Im rather torn about this.Sometimes i feel that a new cool colour would be better,but then the original feeling will be gone.:dunno:

It really depends. For me, important thing is to get the white balance right first, then think about changing that to suit the mood of the photo.
Most of the time, under cooler lighting, the eyes see things in their original colour. Under warm lighting, there might be a warmer tinge. So for me, I'd go for a warmer feel more than a cooler one.

Burger King burgers or McDonald's burgers for stomach? If you know the answer, you would have already answer your own question. :cool:

It's what you like, not what others like. BUT if you still insist and want an 'answer', then go with the warm colours.

For me, I would try to match the colours of what I see. :)

But yes, it really depends on what you want.

i would say its your preference. match it for what you saw, what it should be or even the mood.

i go with slightly warm most of the time.. as in i intentionally warm the pictures i took even though it doesn't exactly match the actual colour taken..

but as many has mentioned.. it's all about preferences.. and what mood you want to convey.. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.