Warm greetings from the Arabian Gulf!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginsberg

Oct 30, 2009
Hi everyone!

I am just new but I already love this great community! The site is so informative, I am learning a thing or two everyday! Also, discussions are very civil, mature and objective, really admirable.

I am going to Singapore on the first week of December to buy a gift for myself; a Nikon D700, maybe a couple of lenses and some accessories (they are all quite expensive here), and of course, to relax and enjoy in my most favorite city once again. I would love to have a D3S (I believe most of Nikonians do) but my pocket is not deep at all and my wallet is not fat enough...:() and the D3S probably is yet to be released by that time (any news about the D3S Singapore release date though?).

I really love your Nikon price guide. Now I know exactly where to go to get the best value for my money. Now I would be able to spend less time shopping for the camera, and more time relaxing and enjoying the beauty of Singapore. Simply wonderful!

More power! :)

I would personally hold off on the D700 because Nikon could all of a sudden come out with a D700 that can do 1080p video capture.

I would personally hold off on the D700 because Nikon could all of a sudden come out with a D700 that can do 1080p video capture.

The D700S (or maybe D800???) might come out with two CF card slots and with new technologies taken from the D3S such as the new image sensor, the higher ISO sensitivity, and the D-movie feature. The movie capture feature is nice to have, but I would like to have the three former features more. Nikon usually revamps their models after two years, so that would mean 2010 for the D700. It’s just that my trigger finger is itchy for its shutter-release button. ;)

Welcome!!

DOn't waste your time with rumors.... Just buy what you need right now and start taking great photos.... ;)

Hi ginsberg,

Welcome to CS :)

Welcome!!

DOn't waste your time with rumors.... Just buy what you need right now and start taking great photos.... ;)

exactly, the wait will never end :bsmilie:
welcome to cs~ :)

warm welcome ginsberg!

get that camera and start capturing beautiful memories!

Ryan

I am glad this forum can provide useful information to people visiting Singapore. Too often we heard about sad stories of tourist being scammed by the black shops here.

By doing the homework ahead of the visit, people will know exactly which shops to visit and the price they would expect to pay. The buying process will be a lot smoother and less stressful so they will have more time to enjoy the stay.

Wish more visitors would visit ClubSnap before coming to Singapore to buy their photo gears...

Hi ginsberg,

Welcome to CS :)

Warm welcome to CS!:)

warm welcome ginsberg!

get that camera and start capturing beautiful memories!

Ryan

Welcome!!

exactly, the wait will never end :bsmilie:
welcome to cs~ :)

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

@doomslayerz: you are absolutely right, the wait will never end, and in a few weeks time, I just have to end that wait!

I am glad this forum can provide useful information to people visiting Singapore. Too often we heard about sad stories of tourist being scammed by the black shops here...

This forum is really great. It has not only provided me with valuable information about buying photo gears in Singapore but it has also showed me thousands of creative things that I can do with my camera later on.

I bought my first Nikon in Singapore 15 years ago (an F90 film camera with an SB-25 flash together with 2 “slow” zoom lenses), and I had a little hiccup with the store (forgot the name, my age is really showing:embrass:). They initially gave me a camera whose serial number does not match the number in the warranty card. I brought that to their attention and they apologized for the mistake then gave me a new box, this time checking and double-checking that everything is in order. I was very satisfied with the experience. That camera is still happily clicking away, but it is now almost a museum piece.

Could not wait to have my hands on my first FX Nikon!

Welcome to Singapore !!!

And where is this Gulf? Perhaps you mean Persian Gulf?

Yes it is the Persian Gulf, but it is also popularly called the Arabian Gulf. The area is not only abundant in oil, but is also very rich in interesting places to photograph.

Welcome to Clubsnap!! D700's one hell of a camera, i reckon u get it!! forget abt the rest, save ur $ on other stuff like nikon primes/trinity lens to bring out the best out of FX.. :)

Welcome to Singapore !!!

Welcome to Clubsnap!! D700's one hell of a camera, i reckon u get it!! forget abt the rest, save ur $ on other stuff like nikon primes/trinity lens to bring out the best out of FX.. :)

Thanks for the welcome, guys!:)

@Numnumball: a friend of mine has a D700 and he said that it is a very excellent camera. I am planning to get at least 2 fast zoom lenses. The N24-70f2.8G is definite but I am really torn between the N14-24f2.8G and the N17-35f2.8D. Based on what I have read so far, they are both excellent glasses, but I am having indecisions because of the filter issue. I am interested in cityscapes/ landscapes btw.

Hello ginsberg,

Warm welcome to CS and of course Singapore!!! :cheergal:

It would be superb good price if u could claim back VAT/GST at the airport before flying back to your home sweet home.. :D

Enjoy your stay in Singapore.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.