Status
Not open for further replies.

detrop

Mar 28, 2004
Nowhere but ClubSNAP
detrop.santay.net
hi,

this is my 1st thread so plz help me.. hehehe

im intending to sell my photos online. like stock photos or other similar categories. after searching in google, i found various sites that offer such opportunities, but they're all US based sites. im wondering if there is any local sites that offer this feature.. or maybe some of you who are currently selling your photos online now could give me some directions.

i am currently studying in taiwan, but hoping to b able to sell my stuff and earn some extra pocket money fr future use. im chinese illiterate so i dun think i'd b able to navigate thru sites in taiwan, if theres any.

thank you in advance...

cheers!

upz for u... i`m interetsed to..... but does the stock company in US wanna buy our pics?

one of the latest photography magainzes.. i can't remember if it's pdn or something i can't really remember.. go to borders and check them out.. has a whole section dedicated to stock photos and how to go about selling them.

as much as the magazine and the stuff there are like catered more to australians, most of the stock companies are international, like getty.

i think www.gettyimages.com has some reference to what kind of stock photos and requirements they want.

could check it out.

but i believe there is a need for a sound portfolio and i don't think they're going to accept like "freelance" work like you're describing... most of them are probably professionals and provide 500 images a day or something. sorry if i'm wrong about it.

oo.. great.. thx to both of ya... im checking d site out now.. i guess there's no such sites in singapore eh... pity... :(
thx anyway.. any more?

You probably won't have much luck with Getty Images unless you have credentials.

I have heard good things about OzImages located in... you guessed it, Australia. You pay a fee for them to host some of your better images. They allow a link back to your site. Read their T&Cs. Might work for you.

I was told by an Ozimage user that unless you have at least 1,000 stock quality images, you won't make much money.

Robert

r52lanc said:
You probably won't have much luck with Getty Images unless you have credentials.

I have heard good things about OzImages located in... you guessed it, Australia. You pay a fee for them to host some of your better images. They allow a link back to your site. Read their T&Cs. Might work for you.

I was told by an Ozimage user that unless you have at least 1,000 stock quality images, you won't make much money.

Robert

holy shiit... 1000... thats quite a sum... thx fr d info man..

I run a Web dev company, and I've set up lots of ecommerce systems. If you wanted to start your own up, you could use oscommerce.

It will let you accept paypal payments as well as credit card or check/money order. The best part is, it'll do digital goods as well as real. When a user pays, they would be sent a URL so that they can download what they've purchased. Pretty slick!

I thought about trying to set up some group effort that artists can post their photos on some sort of consignment basis, and sell some stock photos that way... but I'm not sure if there would be any interest.

If someone is interested in this... let me know. If not, check out the oscommerce page for yourself.

/dak

Status
Not open for further replies.