wanted:"economical" photoshop CS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green Baron said:
Most people just do some color balance, curve, unsharp mask, text. Photoshop (PS) is over kill and bloated ! Just pay US$119 for PaintShopPro (PSP) and you can do everything you need. Not as hip but at least you own a copy of licesed software. Invest in a few good plugins such as Color Mechanic and Boxtop software JPG plugin.

If you really need PS features that do not exist in PSP, then you should be able to afford PS ;-)

Yeah... Jasc PaintShop Pro is not bad too... It goes for ~$269 the last time I checked.

i've tried other photo editing software. The biggest hiccup, really, is that almost all the tutorials and digital-how-to's on the web are done in Adobe Photoshop. You may be already skilled in other pic-editing s/w, but to tap on the wealth of info out there, you still need to understand Photoshop, even if it's not your main workhorse.

imaginary_number said:
an alternative is the free Gimp.

I think Gimp works well for me :thumbsup: . It has unsharp masks, layers... Mostly everything you have in Photoshop. Also, the National Library also has a guidebook on Gimp.

Gimp is all you need for photo editing.

And best of all, it's FREE software. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.