wanted:"economical" photoshop CS

Status
Not open for further replies.

zig

Deregistered
Sep 14, 2004
woodlands baby!
hi im looking for a fully working "economical" version of photoshop CS...
anyone got any lobang where i can buy? ;)

zig said:
hi im looking for a fully working "economical" version of photoshop CS...
anyone got any lobang where i can buy? ;)

ermm.... if u are saying 'where can i buy pirated copy of CS?', think u might want to withdraw this post... :sweat:

The best place is this Photoshop shop @ Funan, think $899? or isit $1999? I can't remember already. Hope it helps.

huh? whoever said pirated??
i meant is there any shop that sells photoshop cs really really cheap like on a big discount or wholesale price... I for one will never stooop so low as to use ripped software :nono:

my apologies. :embrass:

one place u can try is challenger. i think they might have student copies there. its the same full CS version. just dat u need to produce some student id to enjoy the lower price. even then, its still bloody expensive... :sweat:

other programs to consider are jasc printshop pro, or even *GASP* microsoft photo editing software (can't remember the name).

After trodding all over Singapore, i found the the cheapest retail is around $10xx. You can get the academic version but it will be registered in the name of the 'academic' person who bought it.

There are other ways to get a legit copy of Photoshop CS.

Adobe was/is offering a heavily discounted upgrade from Elements or Photoship LE. One of these two software usually comes with the purchase of a digital camera. Don't know if this is still available. (Oh, you'd need a friend in the States though - only available for those living over there.)

Another way is to keep an eye on ebay for old scanners that come with licensed version of an older version of Photoshop, maybe 2.0 or thereabouts. This will legally qualify you for the upgrade version of Photoshop CS, which is much cheaper than the full license.

ST1100 said:
After trodding all over Singapore, i found the the cheapest retail is around $10xx. You can get the academic version but it will be registered in the name of the 'academic' person who bought it.

There are other ways to get a legit copy of Photoshop CS.

Adobe was/is offering a heavily discounted upgrade from Elements or Photoship LE. One of these two software usually comes with the purchase of a digital camera. Don't know if this is still available. (Oh, you'd need a friend in the States though - only available for those living over there.)

Another way is to keep an eye on ebay for old scanners that come with licensed version of an older version of Photoshop, maybe 2.0 or thereabouts. This will legally qualify you for the upgrade version of Photoshop CS, which is much cheaper than the full license.

I don't think you can upgrade from PS 2 to PS CS! :)

Another free software is Serif Photoplus 5.5. The new version, Photoplus 9, costs abt US$100.

I've not tried it so dunno how good it is :dunno:

Anyone here tried it before?

nightwolf75 said:
other programs to consider are jasc printshop pro, or even *GASP* microsoft photo editing software (can't remember the name).

The Microsoft SW is called Digital Image Pro. Current version is 10.

You can also consider www.photofiltre.com, which is free.

nemesis32 said:
I don't think you can upgrade from PS 2 to PS CS! :)

Yes you can :D I have read thats how alot of ppl save money.

was at funan last nite. a shop called office 1 is selling the acad version for ard $500. cheaper than the retail version by a couple of hundreds.

nightwolf75 said:
was at funan last nite. a shop called office 1 is selling the acad version for ard $500. cheaper than the retail version by a couple of hundreds.

Like i said earlier, the copy you buy would be registered in the name of the person who provided the academic credentials. (Not to make too fine a point, but it kinda implies you 'pirated' from the registered owner, though you actually paid for it.)

Economically.........well depends what you want to do with your photos. It is very difficult to get such low prices for licience software. If you do find a great deal at a very low price, please be careful. It could be a pirated/copied versions. Nothing beats getting the original licience software.

If you are just intending to change a few curves, white balance, brightness and contrast I think Photoshop CS maybe to ex and too advance for you to do that. Most of the older version on PS 6.0 and 7.0 are able to help you out.

Any reason for getting a CS? Have you tried using the older PS versions? I think you can do a lot with it.

The only thing I am not too sure whether can you convert RAW files on older versions of Photoshop 6.0 and 7.0 compared to Photoshop CS which has that function. Photoshop CS has another tool which the older version do not have is the Photomerge/Photo Stitch. This are some of the new tools.

Thanks!

i used my student pass to buy leh. :bigeyes: Not photoshop but some other application.

Most people just do some color balance, curve, unsharp mask, text. Photoshop (PS) is over kill and bloated ! Just pay US$119 for PaintShopPro (PSP) and you can do everything you need. Not as hip but at least you own a copy of licesed software. Invest in a few good plugins such as Color Mechanic and Boxtop software JPG plugin.

If you really need PS features that do not exist in PSP, then you should be able to afford PS ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.