Want to watch world cup 06? Its PPV now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now my house no SCV so i need to rent the set top box from them and pay $10.50 per month?

zaxh81 said:
Now my house no SCV so i need to rent the set top box from them and pay $10.50 per month?

No leh. According to the article, the $10.50 is on top of the usual sports group charges. Its PPV=Pay Per View. :( Additional $10.50 to your usual charges from starhub. !@#$%^&*!

Edit:
Its a 1 time fee thou.

afbug said:
Next season, EPL TV rights got changes, dunno how will it affect customers.

I strongly suggest broadcasts of EPL games be cancelled to raise the quality of football watching in Singapore. Cable should broadcast only Spanish and Italian matches.

Yes, paying another $10.50 sucks

Cancel EPL? lol. :bsmilie: If want to raise the attendance in SG matches, they gotta do more marketing and buy more quality players.

Paying $10.50 isn't too bad as its a one time fee but they cancel Italian matches and now they want to charge more for WC 06. If ISA wasn't cancelled, not too bad.

not paying ;( :eek:

beauty sleep more important :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

For what?

Either watch indonesia ... or P2PTV! :bsmilie: FREE!

Like the Malaysian minister said, "You can complain till the cows come home, Starhub will not backtrack from its new money making scheme."

Will the broadcast be commercial free (except during 1/2 time breaks)? Or wil there be sponsor commercial throughout the telecast. If it is the first then $10.50 is cheap, I would prefer to pay $10.50 so as not to have commercials every few minutes throught the games.

Don't forget it costs Starhub (or whoever) a lot of money for broadcast rights and they have to pay for it somehow, subsctiption fees alone don't come close to covering something like this..

Already sign up liow, like or not still want to watch it.
At least it is for all the games so $10.50 still OK.
Watch first complaint later. ;p

cyber_m0nkey said:
Will the broadcast be commercial free (except during 1/2 time breaks)? Or wil there be sponsor commercial throughout the telecast. If it is the first then $10.50 is cheap, I would prefer to pay $10.50 so as not to have commercials every few minutes throught the games.

Don't forget it costs Starhub (or whoever) a lot of money for broadcast rights and they have to pay for it somehow, subsctiption fees alone don't come close to covering something like this..

Sure got sponsors. Can only daydream if no sponsors and expect them to broadcast.

Yes, $10.50 is reasonable, even cheap for all 64 matches. BUT they took away all Italian matches at the start of the season without cutting its subcribtion costs. Just say too EX and now want to charge more. WC02 got no extra charges. Yes, i understand about rising cost but how much can you believe them? :think: Plus, the $10.50 is ON TOP of what you pay for the $15 sports channel.

They have a point and reason but to do this to their customers, in ONE single season, they will get some backlash.

But they got the monopoly, lucky them. ;(

I think $10.50 to have the opportunity of watching all the games live is excellent value. They could've charged $100.50 and I would've still paid, as would a lot of people. This is the World Cup, the biggest sports event in the World and in these days of PPV, I would expect to have to pay the provider for the right to watch. Guess I will have one less beer between now and June and save enough to pay for it! :)

afbug said:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?t=1256339

Any truth in this? Looks like its true? Cancel ISA, now charges for WC06. $10.50 for early bird and $15.75 for late bird! :eek:

Not very impressed! ;(

Next season, EPL TV rights got changes, dunno how will it affect customers.

RTM's TV1 & TV2 will be showing 47 matches...of which 27 will be live. And its FREE

Lucky Broadband service not only under them else they want to play with the pricing, all sure die. Lucky got Singtel to control them a bit else, we sure be paying $100+ for a 512k access :thumbsd:

Status
Not open for further replies.