Want to try bird photography

c00lb0y2010

May 24, 2011
Hi fellow cs newbee here just want to ask to pro bird shooters where's the best place to see some nice bird to shoot ... I know bird park but I want some place I can just go and shoot with out entrance :) thanks cheers

Just ask yourself where do birds stay and you will have your answer.
If there is a specific type of bird you want to shoot go research on where it usual builds it's nest or hang out or catch food and there you go, you got your answer.

Sg buloh nature park?

Where is sg buloh park?

sungei buloh... Are you new to Singapore? Best to learn about the National Parks Board, they have a website with many maps of their parks.

Where is sg buloh park?

Personally, i do not find sg buloh a good place for birding unless you have a really long lens like 500mm and above. And having said that, there are many other parks and locations so u can go to any one of them. :)

watsup said:
Personally, i do not find sg buloh a good place for birding unless you have a really long lens like 500mm and above. And having said that, there are many other parks and locations so u can go to any one of them. :)

Ahhh I'm now using ef100-400mm L is usm ... Do u think can??? :)

You may also try NPSS. They have some regular birding outings going on..

Google for the forum link. ;)

bonrya said:
You may also try NPSS. They have some regular birding outings going on..

Google for the forum link. ;)

Thanks for more info ;)

Ahhh I'm now using ef100-400mm L is usm ... Do u think can??? :)

I am using 400mm and find it too short... at least for those wetland birds. If shooting other animals or birds that perch on trees then it should suffice... if you can find them that is :bsmilie:

Hi fellow cs newbee here just want to ask to pro bird shooters where's the best place to see some nice bird to shoot ... I know bird park but I want some place I can just go and shoot with out entrance :) thanks cheers

Try the Bird Park. If you can't get good pics there, no chance elsewhere.

Hmm i think..the best place is still the Jurong bird park.. u mention.. u want to try. so i assume.. u are new to it.
There.. bird park is the best place.. u can birds stationary.. and u get birds inflight.. etc etc.
u can spent many hrs in there..open to close ( provided u have the time and energy )
Why would u want to save that few bucks..going around n do not 100% have what u want when u already spent so much on your gear.. and i suppose u dont go to the bird park everyday do u.
anway.. up to u. much info have been provided already.

I do not normally shoot Bird
But there is some birds in my back yard...Along Sungei Serangoon along Hougang Ave. 7
Used to have alot of bird but Cando and parks chase many away. :cry:But there are still some left.:angel:
Let me know if you are coming and I can show you around.:)