want to go somewhere to test macro lens, any recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soken

Mar 5, 2009
Biopolis
(I repost this as there was no reply when I post in "sony/Minolta section" ;)

I want to go somewhere to test my new macro lens, somewhere I can take photos for flowers, insects. Does anyone have any recomendation? (i am not local, I went to sungei boluh, botanic garden, and bukit timah national reserve before, there aren't many flowers there.)

Thank you in advance.:)

For flowers, I would actually recommend HortPark at Alexander Rd. Or go to your nearest florist... most wouldn't mind... Far East Flora, for example.

For flowers, I would actually recommend HortPark at Alexander Rd. Or go to your nearest florist... most wouldn't mind... Far East Flora, for example.

Spot-On. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Buy something but stay there and shoot for 2-3 hours. The place is so big they won't notice you at all. ;p

(I repost this as there was no reply when I post in "sony/Minolta section" ;)

Bro, you expect people to answer you in minutes, huh?

Seriously, people replied to you already. Be happy that they replied, because your question is like "where can i test the new car I just bought"

(i am not local, I went to sungei boluh, botanic garden, and bukit timah national reserve before, there aren't many flowers there.)

Actually these areas are swamped with insects , used to love visiting them for critter shooting when i was interested in macro.

Ryan

You can check at NPB websites and see where is the nearest park for you to practices.

:(:(
Bro, you expect people to answer you in minutes, huh?

Seriously, people replied to you already. Be happy that they replied, because your question is like "where can i test the new car I just bought"

Sorry, Bro!

I am new here, and I may be not aware the rules. I planned to go to take some photos today, so I need replies urgently. That's why. Someone recommended to go Hort Park, and I went there this morning. I didn't mean to complain for anything not at all! I am really sorry for this misunderstanding.:(

You can start shooting ants at home. If no any things not moving at home also can shoot. get use to this lens and hardware set up, where the sweet spot, controls everything. so once you go out in the field no more fumbling with equipment. You can also start shooting ppl at home :confused:

I want to go somewhere to test my new macro lens, somewhere I can take photos for flowers, insects. Does anyone have any recomendation? (i am not local, I went to sungei boluh, botanic garden, and bukit timah national reserve before, there aren't many flowers there.)

you can go anywhere, if all you want is to test.

even shooting house keys close up can produce good photographs, if that is your intention, and well, you're testing it only, so i don't think so.

at home also can, go toilet also can, maybe don't go shooting on a moving bus , will get giddy, but anything else is free game.

Status
Not open for further replies.