Want to Borrow: EF 14mm f/2.8L and/or EOS-1Ds

Status
Not open for further replies.

sehsuan

Deregistered
Dec 12, 2002
Singapore
www.sportsshooter.com
ok, this is my last ditch effort - i'm not able to fork out money for this, but i would like to borrow the abovementioned lens, for official work purposes (in my capacity, of course). reason: i'm using an already borrowed EF17-40, but i still can't get it wide enough.

i will be need to use the lens specifically on: saturday 17th july 2004, saturday 31st july 2004, and monday 9th august 2004. any one day where i can use it is still better than none of the three, but best would be all three, of course...

personnel who have the abovementioned lens, and can trust me enough to loan it for free (i know this is the hardest part of all, no deposit, no rental money), to call me at 9640 8500 to find out more - i will be glad to disseminate information over the phone. but please help to keep the information private! ;)

i'm also looking at the possibility of borrowing an EOS-1Ds on the same dates and terms. chances are superlow, but i can't give up without trying, could i? thanks for reading this thread.. :)

power leh u :angel: :bsmilie:

Hmm, no deposit, no rental money :devil:
Hmm EOS 1Ds, 14mm. :devil:

You could add in a 45 scan back plus a LF. Sure can get everything in the view.

Good luck bro! :bsmilie:

canturn said:
You could add in a 45 scan back plus a LF. Sure can get everything in the view.

nah, dont know how to use those. will be too heavy to carry up to the roof to shoot.... :p

Alright, my turn. I want a new car. Anyone?

I top u, i want a private jet. Seriously, wouldnt it be easier to borrow a film body to use with the 17-40 and scan the film?

Yes but it's far more cool walking around with a 1Ds and 14mm. Seriously, I didn't say what new car. Anyone?

xdivider said:
I top u, i want a private jet. Seriously, wouldnt it be easier to borrow a film body to use with the 17-40 and scan the film?

currently using a film body (eos 88 + eos500) with a 17-40. but wider would be more desirable in the situation i'm having. it's very unlikely any hobbyist would buy the 14/2.8 in the first place... :dunno:

just to fail in the trying to borrow a unit, rather than doubting after the shoot's over.

The point is that sehsuan is now a digital shooter, so everything must be in digital. Who knows? His turnover time could be in one hour. Like that, how to produce the prints if shoot in film? :think:

sehsuan said:
currently using a film body (eos 88 + eos500) with a 17-40. but wider would be more desirable in the situation i'm having. it's very unlikely any hobbyist would buy the 14/2.8 in the first place... :dunno:

just to fail in the trying to borrow a unit, rather than doubting after the shoot's over.

SS,
if you are already using the film cam, why do u need the 1Ds? FOV is the same isn't it? Btw, good luck with the NDP shoots, I guess you're trying to catch the whole view of the stadium from the roof?

Cheers,

sehsuan said:
it's very unlikely any hobbyist would buy the 14/2.8 in the first place... :dunno:

Haha :bsmilie: haha :D haha :bsmilie: haha...

Oh man, you trying to kill me via laughter is it?

Wahaha! ROTFLMAO.

Sigh. This is ClubSNAP. A 14/2.8 costs 2-3k. We have people walking around with 500/4s, 1DIIs, 1Ds bodies, 10.5 fisheyes, and you're telling me a hobbyist wouldn't buy a 14/2.8...

Now that its public knowledge... to be perfectly honest... from the roof, you don't need a 14 and a 1Ds... in fact I'd venture to say you don't WANT a 14 and a 1Ds. But this is just a guess, cause I've never been roofside before but I've done plenty of GVs and I don't think I've ever wanted more than 17 on a full frame. I'd imagine from roofside you don't even have a foreground which means if you use a 14 you're going to struggle to get the foreground looking decent as your nearest subject will be on the ground somewhere... miles away.

I wonder if the current "Pay it Forward" campaign by channelnewsasia will have any affect on your appeal for this gear you need.

Seriously, I would be pretty amazed if anybody offered to loan you all that gear for nothing more than a handshake. Good on you for trying though, at least you still have some faith in random acts of kindness.

sehs, dun give up. gambatte kudasai! :)

TheCameraShoppe said:
I wonder if the current "Pay it Forward" campaign by channelnewsasia will have any affect on your appeal for this gear you need.

Seriously, I would be pretty amazed if anybody offered to loan you all that gear for nothing more than a handshake. Good on you for trying though, at least you still have some faith in random acts of kindness.

You be surprised! I am having a D2h, 85mmf1.4, AFS70-200mmVR on loan (no handshake somemore) from avatar since the last 2 weeks. :sweatsm: :sweatsm:

At least sehsuan, you dare to ask and there is no harm in trying :thumbsup: I like your spirit (I know some may not agree but its alright with me :) )

U reminded me of a bloke called Singaporean who like to have all the good things in life but is reluctant or do not wish to pay for them. :)

chngpe01 said:
You be surprised! I am having a D2h, 85mmf1.4, AFS70-200mmVR on loan (no handshake somemore) from avatar since the last 2 weeks. :sweatsm: :sweatsm:

At least sehsuan, you dare to ask and there is no harm in trying :thumbsup: I like your spirit (I know some may not agree but its alright with me :) )

Hey I don't disagree with it, don't get me wrong.

There is a subtle difference between his situation and your situation, you and Avatar know each other well... he's looking for a stranger.

Yes, I agree with you, no harm trying, completely. Which is why I'll ask again, I'm after a new car, any offers?

Jed said:

There is a subtle difference between his situation and your situation, you and Avatar know each other well... he's looking for a stranger.

Yes, I agree with you, no harm trying, completely. Which is why I'll ask again, I'm after a new car, any offers?

errr, actually i'll juz be practical. $$ for me any offers?

Jed said:

No worries mate, I was not refering you nor anyone in specific. Just giving some encouragement to this young man that's all. :)

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.