Want recommendation for ex-generation dynax slrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvin

Hi!
I am currently using a Dynax 5, and wish to upgrade to a body with improved autofocusing speed. I have 3 key lenses in use, 50/1.7(minolta), 28-70/2.8(sigma) and the 70-210/4(minolta). Having tried Dynax 9 and 7 but no $$$ nor need to get either, I was thinking about the possibility of getting a body from the previous generation of semi-pro/pro cameras.

Hunting for comparison sites but not having any sucess :( If you guys got any leads can help please? Thanks!!!

*waves to the forumers*

Regards,
Alvin

PS: I am using a Metz 32Z2 flash with the above.

Man I'm a bit stoned I guess. Probably from too much overtime ;p

Anyway I was checking out the buy/sell and a) found out the dynax 9 is way beyond my budget b) Dynax 7 is just too hot c) 800si d) 700si are possible considerations. But can they autofocus faster then my Dynax 5, with the somewhat heavier lenses?

Thanks!

Alvin

That page sure is updated - even has the Dynax 60. Sigh seems my dynax 5 is "rather good"... at least from the tech specs. Dynax 60 beats the 5 in the AF sensors, but loses out in shutter & sync speed. Both of which I need - was firing around 1/3000s today thanks to me using 800 film.... going between indoors/outdoors. Indoors using 70-210, having 1/125 sync flash helps....

*waves to other Alvin :) *

Alvin

I have the 9, 7 and the 5. I used to have the 700si and I can assure you that the 5's AF is faster and more accurate than the 700si and I think, the 800si as well.

Save up for the 7. It probably be the last film SLR camera you will ever buy.

alvin said:
Man I'm a bit stoned I guess. Probably from too much overtime ;p

Anyway I was checking out the buy/sell and a) found out the dynax 9 is way beyond my budget b) Dynax 7 is just too hot c) 800si d) 700si are possible considerations. But can they autofocus faster then my Dynax 5, with the somewhat heavier lenses?

Thanks!

Alvin

I used to use 7000i, 700si and 7 (funny, all the 7 series ;) ), anyway, I find 700si an outstanding camera, a bit weak on the handgrip, but a overall powerful camera. It's AF is definitely slower then Dynx 5/7 which is an enhanced version which earn the title of fastest AF in the world in 2000.

I would definitely recommend 700si, and quite truthfully, I am now looking for a 700si to act as a backup for my 7 :) .... thought of getting a backup 7, but other then cost, the size also matters a bit :). More importantly, IR films works better on 700si then 7 :). With a 700si I can have the best of both worlds :).

Thanks for your help everyone! I guess I'll just tahan with my 5 for awhile, then get a 7 later on..... btw I still shoot with my Minolta 7s :cool:

Thanks again!

Alvin

alvin said:
Hi!
I am currently using a Dynax 5, and wish to upgrade to a body with improved autofocusing speed. I have 3 key lenses in use, 50/1.7(minolta), 28-70/2.8(sigma) and the 70-210/4(minolta). Having tried Dynax 9 and 7 but no $$$ nor need to get either, I was thinking about the possibility of getting a body from the previous generation of semi-pro/pro cameras.

Hunting for comparison sites but not having any sucess :( If you guys got any leads can help please? Thanks!!!

*waves to the forumers*

Regards,
Alvin

PS: I am using a Metz 32Z2 flash with the above.

Hi Alvin,

I am now clearing my dry cabinet of all my film cameras and lenses. I believe I have two unused Minolta bodies which you may consider buying from me. Wait till the weekend when I have more time I shall run a stock inventory and let you know what I have.

Vincent Foong

vfoongsk said:
Hi Alvin,

I am now clearing my dry cabinet of all my film cameras and lenses. I believe I have two unused Minolta bodies which you may consider buying from me. Wait till the weekend when I have more time I shall run a stock inventory and let you know what I have.

Vincent Foong

Clearing any lens? ;)

vfoongsk said:
Hi Alvin,

Vincent Foong

More interested in the lenses :). But do inform me of what camera bodies you have for sale, I might need a backup or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.