Wannabes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death-star

Nov 17, 2009
is it just me or do you guys realise it also? more and more teens are getting a dslr because they think its 'cool'. i have a handful of friends who got themselves a dslr. so i thought hey! i finally have some photog buddies. then when i start talking to them, i realise they use only auto mode, and don't really intend to go into photog in depth as a hobby. so i asked them why dslr? so he replies its the trend now (every design student "has to" own one). im like wtf?

in fact i've seen many of them outside amongst the streets as well, can't help but notice how they use the dslr, and you just know from the way the hold etc.. that they just want to be cool. im a teenage too, and maybe to others im like them wanting to be cool. its kind of annoying no? No offence.

TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK.:complain:

Auto mode has it's place even among professionals and they highly recommend it for street shot where fidgeting with knobs and button may lose a good shot. P,Tv,Av or even M is somewhat "idiot proof" with the exception of M mode which need a bit of understanding between these 3 ISO, aperture and speed. I don't see the big deal in not using Auto, composition and an eye for artistry count. DSLR can combine with many different lenses while P&S is very limited. Don't see any thing wrong with having DSLR as a trend or lifestyle "enhancement". Same goes to those who must have latest phone to enjoy their gadget. I don't believe in getting the most expensive or impressive phone, just something to serve my needs but I don't condemn,get annoyed or jealous of others as I believe they have every right to pursue their own interest and enjoyment. Maybe it's their investment to get a wife or gf. :bsmilie:

get over it, there are thousand and one things for you to bother and also thousand and one things that doesn't need you to bother too.

adults also got like this mah, heard the term GWC?

i think these teens are no different from the gwc in P&P who pretend to be interested in "the art of the human body" to see xmm in various states of undress.

in fact, they are better, they not so humsup :bsmilie: and they only want IQ, that's just gearheadism with money, i can live with that.

Were having dinner at Mr. Jay restaurant in Taiwan last week and this Hong Kong girl were using her 500D to shoot non-stop, which flash on for every shot.

Until I take out my 450D, we (among my friends) were asking ourselves whether is there anyone would able to take pictures for us a not. She overheard us and snap her finger, asking me to pass my camera to her, I preset the setting and give it to her. Am in total shock when keep setting my focus point button, she thought that is zoom features! =.=''' Ask me how to zoom somemore...

... just shoot ... if your main concern are the shots you`ve made ... why bother what the others think about you ;)

hehe i set auto for my streets too :cool:

Were having dinner at Mr. Jay restaurant in Taiwan last week and this Hong Kong girl were using her 500D to shoot non-stop, which flash on for every shot.

Until I take out my 450D, we (among my friends) were asking ourselves whether is there anyone would able to take pictures for us a not. She overheard us and snap her finger, asking me to pass my camera to her, I preset the setting and give it to her. Am in total shock when keep setting my focus point button, she thought that is zoom features! =.=''' Ask me how to zoom somemore...

This is some sort interesting.. I would love to see the expression on her face.. hehe.. yeah have to agree that this is the trend, its part of the fashion to own one.. plus the entry level prices are really competitve against the compact ones..

is it just me or do you guys realise it also? more and more teens are getting a dslr because they think its 'cool'. i have a handful of friends who got themselves a dslr. so i thought hey! i finally have some photog buddies. then when i start talking to them, i realise they use only auto mode, and don't really intend to go into photog in depth as a hobby. so i asked them why dslr? so he replies its the trend now (every design student "has to" own one). im like wtf?

in fact i've seen many of them outside amongst the streets as well, can't help but notice how they use the dslr, and you just know from the way the hold etc.. that they just want to be cool. im a teenage too, and maybe to others im like them wanting to be cool. its kind of annoying no? No offence.

I know people who buy D3 and D700 to shoot XMM, Family Gathering and Outing Only.... so WTF..... :bsmilie:

Cheers!

I know people who buy D3 and D700 to shoot XMM, Family Gathering and Outing Only.... so WTF..... :bsmilie:

Cheers!

maybe the XMM will look prettier in full frame? ;)

I say, don't think so much, just go with the flow... and 'progress' with time. Nothing wrong with teens or 'wannabes' getting DSLRs...

When I first started working many moons ago, having a pager was the 'In' thing. Returning a page is always - "Hello, tiang ka pager?". Now, even my neighbour's 10-year old got a mobile phone!

Many moons ago, police wear PT kit... :embrass:

I also don't really want to be bothered, what important to be me is how to improve my own shots.

Well, the dSLRs are so easy to use nowadays it operates just like a P&S. Not to mentioned that some P&S has full manual controla that rivals the dSLRs as well.

With video being a must have function in dSLRs now, more people will be treating it just like a bigger size P&S. I have seen quite a few people holding their dSLRs like they did with P&S. i.e. ignoring the viewfinder and just look at the LCD live view when shooting.

You mean dslr can shoot other modes ah? My fwen all neber teach me.. I always shoot with that green square thing.. But the photos always look like handphone camera one.. I dunno why..

But quite nice leh to shoot with dslr cause I look quite cool with the black thing hanging at my neck.. Feel like that ken guy in the advertisement.. COOL man..

I want to make skin for my camera.. to make it even more cool though.. cause now fashion is hot electro colour.. I want pink one.. anyone know where to buy?

Aiyah.. Dslr is cool! Time to take my own picture with dslr.. TWISSSSS!!!

You mean dslr can shoot other modes ah? My fwen all neber teach me.. I always shoot with that green square thing.. But the photos always look like handphone camera one.. I dunno why..

But quite nice leh to shoot with dslr cause I look quite cool with the black thing hanging at my neck.. Feel like that ken guy in the advertisement.. COOL man..

I want to make skin for my camera.. to make it even more cool though.. cause now fashion is hot electro colour.. I want pink one.. anyone know where to buy?

Aiyah.. Dslr is cool! Time to take my own picture with dslr.. TWISSSSS!!!

Use the Pink Gaffer tape... sure make your camera nice nice one...

Quick.. go do it...

can even gaffer with Hello Kitty pattern. :bsmilie:

Why this preoccupation with wannabe or GWC ?

Does that mean that if a pro uses a D700 and D3 to make a living, then all those who have such cameras but dont use them to earn a living are wannabes ? Or the guy who buy expensive Canon lenses favored by the pros but dont shoot for a living - are they wannabes too ?

Photography is something to be enjoyed, whether you are young or old, rich or poor, techie or otherwise - there should not be any US or THEM distinction. If you keep comparing yourself to them and keep telling yourself how different and better you are, then something is wrong somewhere.

Use the Pink Gaffer tape... sure make your camera nice nice one...

Quick.. go do it...

can even gaffer with Hello Kitty pattern. :bsmilie:

really? i dnt mind doing tht, got any shop tht can do a gd job?

Status
Not open for further replies.