Wannabes

Status
Not open for further replies.
GWC syndrome
  1. Its a male thing to own a big black tube. And shoot with it
  2. It is a male thing to have the bigger tube the better. Hence DSLR, full frame with big heavy metal lens. Compacts are for pussy XMMs. The bigger the hood, the better also.
  3. A DSLR is good excuse to buaya the XMM walking around the street. Say wot? I'm no voyeur, I am a photographer!
  4. If got money, then DSLR gives a good excuse to join model photoshoot and buaya even more. When adjusting lighting, settings and posture, look your fill.
  5. Model photoshoot is an excuse to hong more XMMs.
  6. Websites like modelmayhem and photoshoot thread is another thread for male fantasy.
  7. Believe it or not, there are some girls who flirt or seek attention from guy-with-big-black-tube types. Hence, for these GWC types, a DSLR is used as magnet to pull these XMMs.

XMM: "ooooh whats that, so big and cool"
    GWC: "hallo, this is the latest Nikon D3S wif 24-70mm lens. Big heavy and black. I can give you creamy nice bokeh. Polish my lens girl..."
    XMM: "Oooohhh....so tua gee....I like creamy bokeh...tee hee hee....you want to see me pics, I am aspiring model I got profile on modelmayhem"
    GWC: "Wah sek, you must let me shoot you sometime. I got so many ideas for poses and posture. I can give you full frame treatment. Hee hee."
    XMM: "Ooooohhh yeeessssssss. Full frame. "
    GWC:: "Dun worry. I will put a Hood on, that will prevent flares."
    XMM: "Oooohh. niiiice. Dun forget to TFCD. kkthx"
    GWC: "Yeah. You like it RAW eh?"

...wannabe models and GWCs are made for each other i think

Last edited:
Like that I buy the Lowepro 190AW with the Nikon big big on the shoulder pad can liao. Only about $45 second hand here.

Add in some additional bucks to get a D3X Camera strap and let it slip out enough to show the D3X logo.....

I wonder if I can attract the attentions if I walk around with that.... :dunno::dunno:

tht depends on whether the pple know wat's D3X lor and not all pple will get awed by bigger better cameras. i'm one such person, it's the pictures tht come out of it tht matters, the most i'll think is "wah, tht guy must be dam rich, maybe can rob him" :bsmilie::bsmilie:

btw, OP sells tht bag for $50 brand new :)

tht depends on whether the pple know wat's D3X lor and not all pple will get awed by bigger better cameras. i'm one such person, it's the pictures tht come out of it tht matters, the most i'll think is "wah, tht guy must be dam rich, maybe can rob him" :bsmilie::bsmilie:

btw, OP sells tht bag for $50 brand new :)

I got mine from a CSer for $40. Brand new not used at all. Even had all the tag that comes with it.

Anyone selling a D3x strap? :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

teen with DSLR/GWC ok la. they got $ to burn let them spend and help the economy. sooner or later they will start to wonder why carry a heavy camera when a digicam can do all they need

Huh? whats wrong with people buying dslr and taking lousy pics? you mean if i buy $5000 worth of cooking pans, i must cook like a 6 star hotel chef? If i buy a Ferrari, i must be able to drift pass corners at 120km/hr?

Imagine the day when you walk into a camera shop and they chase you out of the shop becos your portfolio sucks. Or the day when Adidas and Nike refuses to sell you a pair of running shoes becos your 2.4km timing is more than 9 min 15 sec.

In short, its THEIR money and THEY can spend it on whatever THEY like. None of our business.

I go for photoshoots from time to time...I'm 17 this year :bsmilie:

To be honest, I don't find myself looking at the XMMs/talents/models more than I have to. Most of the time is spent looking at my camera. I can also say with good conscience that I have never tried to get the contact of any XMMs/talents/models.

Guess it varies from person to person.. not healthy to generalise :think:

GWC syndrome
  1. Its a male thing to own a big black tube. And shoot with it
  2. It is a male thing to have the bigger tube the better. Hence DSLR, full frame with big heavy metal lens. Compacts are for pussy XMMs. The bigger the hood, the better also.
  3. A DSLR is good excuse to buaya the XMM walking around the street. Say wot? I'm no voyeur, I am a photographer!
  4. If got money, then DSLR gives a good excuse to join model photoshoot and buaya even more. When adjusting lighting, settings and posture, look your fill.
  5. Model photoshoot is an excuse to hong more XMMs.
  6. Websites like modelmayhem and photoshoot thread is another thread for male fantasy.
  7. Believe it or not, there are some girls who flirt or seek attention from guy-with-big-black-tube types. Hence, for these GWC types, a DSLR is used as magnet to pull these XMMs.

XMM: "ooooh whats that, so big and cool"
    GWC: "hallo, this is the latest Nikon D3S wif 24-70mm lens. Big heavy and black. I can give you creamy nice bokeh. Polish my lens girl..."
    XMM: "Oooohhh....so tua gee....I like creamy bokeh...tee hee hee....you want to see me pics, I am aspiring model I got profile on modelmayhem"
    GWC: "Wah sek, you must let me shoot you sometime. I got so many ideas for poses and posture. I can give you full frame treatment. Hee hee."
    XMM: "Ooooohhh yeeessssssss. Full frame. "
    GWC:: "Dun worry. I will put a Hood on, that will prevent flares."
    XMM: "Oooohh. niiiice. Dun forget to TFCD. kkthx"
    GWC: "Yeah. You like it RAW eh?"

...wannabe models and GWCs are made for each other i think

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

jia lat, I dont even have a dslr :cry: Cannot attract xmm! haha

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

jia lat, I dont even have a dslr :cry: Cannot attract xmm! haha

What's the big deal with XMM?? Funny why everyone is relating DSLR with XMM.

I just wish my DSLR can attract the birds enough that they stay still for the shoot. Hate it when they fly off the moment I got my focus right. :dunno:

What's the big deal with XMM?? Funny why everyone is relating DSLR with XMM.

I just wish my DSLR can attract the birds enough that they stay still for the shoot. Hate it when they fly off the moment I got my focus right. :dunno:

ok lah, we leave the birds to you while we continue to attract the XMMs ;p

some of us (like myself) are all lao ah pek.

therefore, any girl will be XMM.

some of us (like myself) are all lao ah pek.

therefore, any girl will be XMM.

so at your age, this gets your heart racing and covers your camera in specks of joyous nose blood?

grandmother.jpg

:bsmilie:

Nowadays, I see ppl (not just teenagers) strapping their dslr over their neck...looking trendy and not carrying anything else.

To some a dslr is some fashion statement thingy and it sure looks "good" as a necklace!

Nowadays, I see ppl (not just teenagers) strapping their dslr over their neck...looking trendy and not carrying anything else.

To some a dslr is some fashion statement thingy and it sure looks "good" as a necklace!

It is a phallic symbol.

It is a phallic symbol.

Sure? Then those guys slinging around their neck a FX camera with a 70-200 lens must be very macho!!! Haha...(i know wat u mean la)

Those I saw uses entry lvl dslr with kit lens :dunno:

In short, its THEIR parent's money and THEY can spend it on whatever THEY like. None of our business.

correcting liveevil's comments ;)

is it just me or do you guys realise it also? more and more teens are getting a dslr because they think its 'cool'. i have a handful of friends who got themselves a dslr. so i thought hey! i finally have some photog buddies. then when i start talking to them, i realise they use only auto mode, and don't really intend to go into photog in depth as a hobby. so i asked them why dslr? so he replies its the trend now (every design student "has to" own one). im like wtf?

in fact i've seen many of them outside amongst the streets as well, can't help but notice how they use the dslr, and you just know from the way the hold etc.. that they just want to be cool. im a teenage too, and maybe to others im like them wanting to be cool. its kind of annoying no? No offence.

TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK.:complain:

I think slinging one dlsr each on each shoulder, another one hanging from the neck in addition to the one in the hands is Si Beh cool leh.

Of course this is the ultimate cool image: :bsmilie:

59869617_9bb02bac63.jpg

I think slinging one dlsr each on each shoulder, another one hanging from the neck in addition to the one in the hands is Si Beh cool leh.

Of course this is the ultimate cool image: :bsmilie:

59869617_9bb02bac63.jpg

He seems to me like a commando ranger.. I wonder if I ever see such a person in Singapore.. which the possibility should be a near zero, given our climax, those stuffs would mean a backpacking in Singapore.. haha

Yeah have to agree that it is more of a trend to have it sling around the neck and just walk around the streets just like a necklace.

really pathetic if i have to be bother or trouble by ppl buying dslr for trendy or other reasons.I shoot mine,he shoot his

....now that u mention it...DSLR looks cheap..hmm maybe i should swtich to RF and get a leica M9 to look more exclusive???and so that i can hao lian more right?

This kind of thoughts quite bo liao,so we should designate who qualifies to buy a dslr?is their cash and if their parents don't give a damn why shld we?i rather the kid buy a dslr than to buy drugs and explore his interest.

is it just me or do you guys realise it also? more and more teens are getting a dslr because they think its 'cool'. i have a handful of friends who got themselves a dslr. so i thought hey! i finally have some photog buddies. then when i start talking to them, i realise they use only auto mode, and don't really intend to go into photog in depth as a hobby. so i asked them why dslr? so he replies its the trend now (every design student "has to" own one). im like wtf?

in fact i've seen many of them outside amongst the streets as well, can't help but notice how they use the dslr, and you just know from the way the hold etc.. that they just want to be cool. im a teenage too, and maybe to others im like them wanting to be cool. its kind of annoying no? No offence.

TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK.:complain:

Some people are not content with just owning a dslr. They go a step further: :bsmilie:

free-lens.jpg

ehh sometimes those "teens" might actually be adults who are working ya know:bsmilie::bsmilie:
next time you should ask them how old they are first.

Status
Not open for further replies.