Wanna start doing event photography.

Mar 28, 2011
Singapore
Hi,

I would like to start going into event photography. But how do i start? Any event photographer old birds here care to give me advice? Would like to get jobs to build up my port folio.

Thanks so much..

Jul 8, 2009
West
Do you have any experience? You could start by shooting for friend's events to get experience/ build a portfolio. That's what some of my friends do.

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
Hi,

I would like to start going into event photography. But how do i start? Any event photographer old birds here care to give me advice? Would like to get jobs to build up my port folio.

Thanks so much..
A good start is to learn how to read forums and LOOK. we have an entire section called "The Photo Biz" which is packed with advice.

Independent thinking and being able to think without needing spoonfeeding will help you a lot in your potential career.

Sep 15, 2008
double post..sorry

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2008
first of all. u have to know what is ur preference...do u like the candid typical or anything
from that, u can know which lens you have to use.....
im a candid lover...so i only use long tele zoom during event....

daredevil123

Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
lil red dot
BleedingEdgeArmor said:
Hi,

Thanks so much..
You can start by making sure your skills are up to mark. Then shoot some events open to public for practice. Make sure you can deliver, before even considering charging for it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom