Wanna Race ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcwang

Jan 9, 2003
East Singapore
www.pbase.com
:bsmilie:

Sometimes, people get lost in the world of Photography. They buy the best, the fastest, and biggest........ lenses and bodies in an unintentional obsession to have the best.

What? Since when has inanimate boring looking, ultra expensive photographic equipment become an object to be raced. A Canon user next to a Nikon user can sometimes end up in a strangely familiar Boy Racer traffic light battle.

An Abstract
"Whitie: Eh Blackie... wanna race ? Mine can do 6fps.....
Blackie: (revs his 8fps body) Who Scared Who ?

*Blackie Won and Whitie was pissed*

Whitie: (Takes out his 85mmf1.2 AL) Eh... your 85mm what aperture ah ?
Blackie: (flips through his bag and pulls out his 85) F1.4 .... damn big lah...
Whitie: Eh, how come so lousy one ah ? My one f1.2 leh..."

Seriously, photographic equipment has something to do with male ego. Just like how cars are an extension of their marriage. :D

My camera body is 1.4kg without lens and batteries ..... what yours ? :bsmilie:

I heavier ..... i win .... haha ... :lovegrin:

My Minolta X570 batteries can last for half a year without changing. Ok, that's not the whole point...

Consider studying the work of sigmund freud.

Zerstorer said:
Consider studying the work of sigmund freud.

Isn't he the guy who came up with the peni5 envy thingy??

What's the motivation of bringing this subject up?
Actually it's quite an obvious culture here, although not explicitly stated, that there are some who take pride in owning the biggest and the bestest.

I think how you feel when others have bigger, better equipment is a reflection of how secure you are.

I shot 48,000 lousy cmi photos. How many you got?

I got a confession......

"While holding a SLR, I felt bloody shameful when I saw some photos taken with P/S."

Damned,
:flush:

xxxger said:
My camera body is 1.4kg without lens and batteries ..... what yours ? :bsmilie:

I heavier ..... i win .... haha ... :lovegrin:

My camera body is 15 kg without lenses. Want to fight? :bsmilie:

tOGGY said:
I shot 48,000 lousy cmi photos. How many you got?

I lose! :embrass:

i was always put off with such a thingy. espeacially when i'm shooting wedding job with my F100, side by side with another guy (friend of the bride/groom) holding a D2H with long lens.....power eh..... and shows to the people around him shots after shots.....strangers with strange eyes look upon me but as for me........who cares! :sticktong equipments, may be he wins....but photos, that we have to see! :cool:

hahaahah yeah... picture speaks louder den words....

It's never about the equipment you are holding, its about the great pictures one can produce.

marcwang said:
Sometimes, people get lost in the world of Photography. They buy the best, the fastest, and biggest........ lenses and bodies in an unintentional obsession to have the best.

What? Since when has inanimate boring looking, ultra expensive photographic equipment become an object to be raced. A Canon user next to a Nikon user can sometimes end up in a strangely familiar Boy Racer traffic light battle.

An Abstract
"Whitie: Eh Blackie... wanna race ? Mine can do 6fps.....
Blackie: (revs his 8fps body) Who Scared Who ?

*Blackie Won and Whitie was pissed*

Whitie: (Takes out his 85mmf1.2 AL) Eh... your 85mm what aperture ah ?
Blackie: (flips through his bag and pulls out his 85) F1.4 .... damn big lah...
Whitie: Eh, how come so lousy one ah ? My one f1.2 leh..."

Seriously, photographic equipment has something to do with male ego. Just like how cars are an extension of their marriage.

hahahaha, good one :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Sometimes I get stared at by other photog when using the kit lens.

Check out this SLR girl, she uses a 50mm lens for the entire event coverage. BTW, she looks kinda of cool with the SLR in her hand. :heart: :heart:
UrbanInfest050702186-resize.jpg

canon! :thumbsup: ;)

marcwang said:
Sorry Zerstorer, but I didnt quite get it. :think:

Try researching a bit on Sigmund Freud and his life's work, it pertains directly to your subject matter and will reveal a whole lot about people and their perceptions.

Firefox said:
Isn't he the guy who came up with the peni5 envy thingy??
Yes...but that's an oversimplification....and is that all you can thing about?:hammer:

Ah Pao said:
What's the motivation of bringing this subject up?
Actually it's quite an obvious culture here, although not explicitly stated, that there are some who take pride in owning the biggest and the bestest.

I think how you feel when others have bigger, better equipment is a reflection of how secure you are.
Ah Pao has the gist of it. But reading the work's of Freud opens up a whole lot more in how you view others and yourself...quite entertaining really.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.