Wanna learn Macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlpk007

Sep 24, 2002
Singapore.
Visit site
Hi All,

Wanna ask what is the different when the macro lens state 50mm or 80mm?

I am interested in learning more on macro photography ..thanks...If i wanna take insect(eg a spider) what should i be equip with (min)..

What is your buget ??

Macro lenses for could start from anything like $600-$2000+ SGD..... how much are you willing to spend ??

Cheaper methods would be to use close-up filters like Raynox DCR-250 or Macro Extension Tube.

IMHO... Macro lens would be best (if you want to spend $$$$ on one) :sweat:

Wanna ask what is the different when the macro lens state 50mm or 80mm?

Read up on "focal length". It's a photography basic.

There are alot of good book in the market pertaining to nature macro photography.

the difference between the 2 is the angle of view that you get
and also the distance from camera to subject when your magnification is 1:1

also the DOF

why not try and easy reverse mount or close up filter for starting?:thumbsup:

Hi! If I do a extension of 50mm + 50mm prime with raynox dcr250? Will I got the working distance that of a 100mm dedicated macro liaoz or equvilent? Assume for the extension in mind, the aperture will be opened bigger for more light...

Also... Will you recommand a reverse mount 50mm prime instead? However, for me case, i need more working distance to take sensitive animal. Also i understand reverse mounting a prime will expose the rear element... So any ways to protect it?

For starters, it will be good to start off with 50mm + Raynox 250 DCR if you already have a 50mm Prime in hand.

If you have the spending power, then you can go for 100mm macro or 180mm macro.

Having longer focal length will help if you are trying to capture more timid insects which you do not want to disturb at closer range.

For me, 100mm Macro lens suits me well. Only for some captures, I'll stack my Raynox 250 DCR to reveal more details close up.

Have fun with macro :)!

Oh, I was wonder if the mag ratio of a 50mm + raynox is 1:X? Anyone? Surely not 1:1 right? 1:2.X somewhere?

Dont forget your ringflash and tripod!

What is your buget ??

Macro lenses for could start from anything like $600-$2000+ SGD..... how much are you willing to spend ??

Cheaper methods would be to use close-up filters like Raynox DCR-250 or Macro Extension Tube.

IMHO... Macro lens would be best (if you want to spend $$$$ on one) :sweat:

my budget is only 700...is it too little?
I guess i have to look for 2nd hand or 3rd party macro lens..
Thanks ALL

There are alot of good book in the market pertaining to nature macro photography.

library also can read up

read, digest, process, think.

then ask intelligent questions. there are loads of good macro shooters here ( like the one i am quoting) who are willing to reply if you have taken the time to try to learn and help yourself.

my budget is only 700...is it too little?
I guess i have to look for 2nd hand or 3rd party macro lens..
Thanks ALL

there are quite a few lenses which would fit your budget used... Older Nikon 105mm (non VR), Canon 100mm, and Tamron 90mm are among the best recommended that fit in your budget...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.